Creative Writing tips ? (1 Viewer)

tOnnyAyye

HSC
Uni Grad
i want to kno how to write a good story for the exam ? i am struggling with the creative section becauseci tend to run out of ideas very quickly and i dont know how to make it interesting ?

TheCardician

HSC
My teacher told me that you can get good marks if you write a story about hardships. I suppose you can write about something depressing and unusual such as someone faking their death - somewhat like the tv show '24'. I wrote a silly story using that faking death concept in my half-yealies and got 14/15, and I only wrote roughly 2 pages.

tOnnyAyye

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm suppose to write about belonging. For me, it is really, REALLY hard to get ideas because it maybe a cliche. And knowing how to write a good story is also hard. I got the result from the creative writing (about journey) for the prelims and i got 10/15. The feedback says "A sensitive story with some description that pushes me to put this above average. You've got to do something with your handwriting. Enlarge it and open up the vowels. And it's a little short)

My handwriting is horrible. I am left handed and I get blisters on the side of my rude finger as I write. I write small cause its faster.... o-o

Any solutions ??

E

Effekt

YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME, but i am not left handed i just grip my pen weird and get blisters so what i do is get that brownish coloured tape you can wrap around your fingers and it doesn't come off like bandaids. Here is a picture of what i use http://www.ballsports.com.au/images/P/strapping-tapeB.jpg Don't use too much otherwise it will be hard to get movement in your fingers when trying to write.

As for the creative writing the best tips i have been told that i know work is keep it simple, and write about something you know and have experienced! it will really help you when it comes to using techniques to describe the atmosphere or something. Don't go off talking about someone who moved here from another country because you don't know what that is like you haven't experienced it. If you are keen to write something about that research it first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)