Doing ESl instead of Standard Eng (1 Viewer)

moniyoo

HSC
grrr

bcoz english is my second language
My teachers told me that advance would be too hard to do it...
and our school dosn't have ESL class due to very less ppl.
but i want to do ESl... i guess it would be better me struggling in Standard ...
so i'm stuck with standard and worry that i might get really bad mark and it won't be scaled up :(

This sucks T_T arghhhh

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
grrr

bcoz english is my second language
My teachers told me that advance would be too hard to do it...
and our school dosn't have ESL class due to very less ppl.
but i want to do ESl... i guess it would be better me struggling in Standard ...
so i'm stuck with standard and worry that i might get really bad mark and it won't be scaled up :(

This sucks T_T arghhhh
Advance requires alot more effort and dedication since the competition would be harsh for you as an esl student, but is more rewarding then standard english !!.. The school has no right to intimidate you, it's freedom of choice and trust me there is no such thing as 'too' difficult in the hsc. You just have work your butt off and study!!

Since your choice is amongst Advanced and Standard. Let me get some pros and cons.

Pros for advanced

-Stronger cohorts generally and higher alligning (More chance of getting band 5 and 6 then standard).

-You study better texts in my opinion, more english based :)....

Cons

-As an esl student you would face immense competition and probably alot of difficulty if you don't invest time into english well. (As a standard english student I still struggle when looking at advanced texts).

Pros of standard

-Easier texts, you can invest less time, easier to do well in and top.

Cons

-Poor alligning and difficulty of achieving band 5 and 6 since the average in the state is band 3/4 in contrast to advance 4/5, 2010 only 67 people got band 6..

meaning you have to continually top your school and top the state for the HSC.

-Weaker cohort well in my school this is the case.

If i were you i would choose Advanced english, it would only require a tad more effort and time. Yet it would be rewarding in the end!!!!!!!...

Standard texts are pretty fun also :)....... Cosi, Tom Brennan and Lola!!!...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)