Failed first standard test (1 Viewer)

deathpool87

HSC
N/A
I failed the first test(listening task) we got for standard 13/28 but came = first with another student what should i aim to do in the essay that will be due soon and, will maintaining first in the subject assist me?

astroman

HSC
yes, don't worry too much about the mark, just try to stick for first rank

photastic

HSC
At school your rank is what counts. For the HSC exam, the mark counts so congrats.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
First is pretty much essential for Standard English. As for your essay that is coming up, review what you did wrong in the previous task and ask your teacher for advice in that aspect, take a look at some guides on BoS for English, do a lot of practice essays and hand them into your teacher in order to get feedback and improve or make a very good pre-prepared essay through constantly handing it into your teacher and refining it.

It may be beneficial to have a chat to the top student of advanced or some advanced teachers to get advice, this helped me out tremendously

You will only get good at English through constant effort and devotion to the subject, so make sure to not get demotivated by one bad grade

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Maintaining first in the subject will definitely assist you, however, I strongly recommend you to get a tutor if you can because failing in a listening task should be dealt with very seriously-in that you should seriously be analysing what is the cause of this low mark, although your internal ranking is what matters for purpose of moderating marks, however, you need to focus on your mark improvements. I would highly suggest you have a thorough read and follow through some of the tips in this guide: http://community.boredofstudies.org...21953/crobats-guide-hsc-english-advanced.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)