Is HSC marking on standard english difficult? (1 Viewer)

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
I went to a top 26~ school and the spread was ridiculous. In every essay the spread of the cohort went from 8-19/20 consistently, i assume because the standards are higher. I was wondering the hsc marked easier since there are kids in rank 600 schools im being marked against, and these people who got 8 here would get higher with the same essays?

Flop21

HSC
I would guess the standards are higher at your school. It was like my current (or I suppose now old) school has really high english standards, whereas the school I was at previously had low standards and everyone would get 19/20 lol.

There are standards in the HSC as well (these determine the 'standard' necessary for a B6, B5 etc.). Senior markers pick these standards. So if everyone does shit, then the standard will be lower, but if there are a lot of people doing well - then the standard becomes higher.

I can't answer what it will be like in the HSC. Maybe someone else can. Obviously there's no guarantee all your class mates will get a higher mark when they got an 8 internally. It comes down to what they wrote in the HSC, compared to everyone else in the state (which I'm going to guess will be above average).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)