Module B - Shakespeare's Othello (1 Viewer)

Sxerks3

HSC
Hi,
At school, I'm doing Shakespeare's Othello. One of my homework question was to identify how dramatic tension has been used during the opening scene. While I have my themes downpat, how would I go about fitting three ideas to a 400-500 word essay? This was just to test our capabilities of truncating sentences, so that we don't ramble nonsense.

The current ideas I have are:
  • Language features - Iago
  • Characterisation - Iago and Roderigo
  • Setting - Venice

Thanks!

JoBoho60

HSC
N/A
In Drama there are 4 ways to create tension - a task, relationships, mystery and suspense. How does Shakespeare use these in the opening scene? Notice how an impression of Othello is created before he enters. How does the way he is depicted by Iago and Brabantio's response set up dramatic tension for the audience? What is this Othello really like? How will he compare to the impression created? Why has Desdemona eloped and not had a proper wedding? Why did Othello not ask her father's permission to marry her? etc etc

Sxerks3

HSC
In Drama there are 4 ways to create tension - a task, relationships, mystery and suspense. How does Shakespeare use these in the opening scene? Notice how an impression of Othello is created before he enters. How does the way he is depicted by Iago and Brabantio's response set up dramatic tension for the audience? What is this Othello really like? How will he compare to the impression created? Why has Desdemona eloped and not had a proper wedding? Why did Othello not ask her father's permission to marry her? etc etc
Thanks for your response. However, if you read carefully, I've stated that I already have my themes of how dramatic tension is created. I merely asked how I could truncate my would-be essay to fit 400-500 words, seeing how I tend to fit in 800-900 words. This isn't a problem anymore, though. I've finished the task.

Once again, thanks for your response. Appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)