Prelim HSC - English Standard Assessment Task Help!!!! (1 Viewer)

HSCStudent11

HSC
Hi All, I'm only new to this forum, and to the NSW schooling system, originally from QLD 3 months ago.

Was wondering if anyone can help me with my assignment for English... The topic is Creative Writing using Journeys, just after some pointers to help me do this creative writing..

Quote from assessment notification:
"You are to plan, prepare and compose a creative extended text that captures the significance of Journey. The word limit for this task is 800-1000 words and you arr to include this text in your portfolio, due to be handed in on 26 August 2016 by 1.17pm (second lunch Bell)"

Thanks!

si2136

HSC
N/A
Embody the idea of the significance of Journey in your creative piece. Creative Writing is easier than essays, as there is a broader variety of ideas that you could recapitulate in your work!

Good luck :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hi All, I'm only new to this forum, and to the NSW schooling system, originally from QLD 3 months ago.

Was wondering if anyone can help me with my assignment for English... The topic is Creative Writing using Journeys, just after some pointers to help me do this creative writing..

Quote from assessment notification:
"You are to plan, prepare and compose a creative extended text that captures the significance of Journey. The word limit for this task is 800-1000 words and you arr to include this text in your portfolio, due to be handed in on 26 August 2016 by 1.17pm (second lunch Bell)"

Thanks!
Think about journey more holistically. Look into texts which explore into the concept of journey and once that's done start composing

Be descriptive (i.e. show not tell). Use a large variety of language techniques

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
I think you should look to the resources tab of this website and find a Journey's creative writing piece it should be around 2006-9? and give it a nice read to find out how to write about journey's creatively.

Other than that, if you need ideas to start maybe try and talk about your journey from QLD to the NSW schooling system :D

myu85

HSC
Not the most inspiring stuff by itself - hopefully you've at least talked in the class about what a journey is and what that actually has to do with you. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you some related questions that might help you get started. What is a journey, in the broad sense of the word? How do you know that someone's been on a journey? Do you just check their Myki? Any other ways of knowing? Do you have any favorite characters from books or movies that have been on 'journeys'? What was it like for them? Why does it matter?

Try to answer these questions before worrying about any of the structure. That way, your creative piece will actually have a theme that you're working to get across. It'll be easier and better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)