'last unread post' button (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
when i click the 'last unread post' button it takes me to posts made on the 10 january! this has been happening for the last few days. Even when i have visited the thread numerous times. Is this happening to anyone else?

Last edited:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
idno if this is relevant. but when i click the same thing, it generally doesn't take me to that post. if its like in the 9th page, sometimes, it takes me to the 5th page automatically. its wierd, idno why.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Can you copy/paste one of the malfunctioning links for me please?

Also tell us whether you've changed the default number of posts displayed on each page (you can check here).

Raginsheep

HSC
Hmm, I was going to say that I had the same problem but now it seems fixed.

P

pLuvia

Lazarus said:
Can you copy/paste one of the malfunctioning links for me please?

Also tell us whether you've changed the default number of posts displayed on each page (you can check here).
What should the default number of posts be on. I left mine of Forum Default but the problem still occurs

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I believe that from your next login this issue will have been fixed.

Please post if it occurs again.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
you're getting closer :p

while this last unread post issue has been solved, what happens now is that a thread is only counted as being read if i have clicked on it (or 'mark forum as read'). what used to happen was if i logged out and then logged back in all threads i hadn't read before i logged out were now marked as read when i logged back in (i hope that made sense)

this no longer happens. i'm not sure if it's a bug or you have purposely reconfigured the forums like this. i preferred it the way it was

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I am experiencing both the original thing that happened to iambored and what's currently happening to crazyhomo. The former has been occurring for a while, the latter only recently.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
OK, back to the old system whilst we investigate further.

Raginsheep

HSC
Actually, it fixed it for me, although I had to deal with alot of old topics in my cp for a while.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Thanks Laz!
Although now it seems to be happening for the 24 January.

Last edited:

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i had this problem a few days ago..not sure if it's fixed yet or not, havent gone through the last unread post way because of it (i'll try logging out & logging back in, but not sure how well that'll work).

but also, yesterday i was on bos, posted something then shut the window. i came back on a couple of minutes later and the post i'd just replied to was marked as unread, along with some others which i'd already read. and when i look through a thread and go back to the that forum (using alt+<-), it reckons that thread is unread..i dont remember this happening before (before all the other similar problems).

something up with the cookies?

edit: and also, when i post, go to the forum (via forum jump) and then go back the the thread, i have to refresh the page before i can see my (and any other new posts)...really annoying, also never happened before. i like it the old way :(

alby said:
(i'll try logging out & logging back in, but not sure how well that'll work)
ha! now i have absolutely NO unread threads/posts, not even ones which were posted 2 mins ago and i didnt check before i logged out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)