Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="100%">
<CENTER><font face=Arial size=3><b>How many hours of study a day do you think is the optimum amount?</b><p><TABLE BORDER=1 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width=70% bordercolor=#6D5DBC><TR><TD bgcolor=#006699>
<p align=center><font face=Arial><font color=white><b><font color="#FFFFFF">Opinion</font></b>
</TD><TD bgcolor=#006699>
<p align=center><font face=Arial color=white><b><font color="#FFFFFF">Votes</font></b>
</TD><TD bgcolor=#006699>
<p align=center><font face=Arial color=white><b><font color="#FFFFFF">Percentage</font></b>
</TD></TR><TR><TD><p align=center> <font face=Arial size=2><b>1-2</b></TD><TD><p align=center><font face=Arial size=2>553</TD><TD><p align=center><font face=Arial size=2>46%</TD></TR><TR><TD><p align=center><font face=Arial size=2><b>2-4</b></TD><TD><p align=center><font face=Arial size=2>172</TD><TD><p align=center><font face=Arial size=2>14%</TD></TR><TR><TD><p align=center><font face=Arial size=2><b>4-8</b></TD><TD><p align=center><font face=Arial size=2>461</TD><TD><p align=center><font face=Arial size=2>38%</TD></TR><TR><TD colspan=3><font face=Arial size=2><CENTER><b>Total Votes: 1186</b></CENTER></TD></TR></TABLE></CENTER>

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
i think studyin 4-8hrs shud b the go..
but i prefer 1-2hrs :D
i guess i'm not the only one that chose that either hehe ;)

Hi Nu Gundam

黄金聖闘士ハイニ ー
HSC
I had 3 hour blocks everyday, so I was meant to study 4 subjects a day. not too hard when all you do is read your testbook and reference stuff that you get interested in. sometimes I extend the period a little if I feel that what I'm reading is really interesting, and I want to go on.

I did 4U maths too, and I really screwed up at first, so I just did whichever topics I felt like on the days that I had it scheduled. my moods change constantly and everyday, so there was always something different to do everyday

yeah, I didn't exactly spend 100% of those 12 hours everyday studying, but you get the idea

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
It's such a dramatic difference going from 10 to 11... totally not used to the work load... they really should prepare us & have us used to working long hours from yr 7.

Nelly

Hah, i did no work until October last year, none of the teachers said I could cope with 4U math because of how i had been going in 3U. I showed them (3/25)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
omg you're such inspiration :p I want to do 4u and right now my 3u isn't all that great but I'm determined...

Will

HSC
N/A
You guys are shocking!

Having 26 hour long study blocks is the way to do it.
just means you have to sacrifice minor things like circadian sleep patterns and waking up at the same time as everyone else once every 3 days (provided you sleep on average 4 hours per cycle and spend 2 hours eating and taking a crap). Sometimes it's a bitch waking up to a setting sun or going to sleep at midday. Nevertheless it's the small price to pay for the sake of HSC excellence.

|_wise_|

Originally posted by InfiniteQ
It's such a dramatic difference going from 10 to 11... totally not used to the work load... they really should prepare us & have us used to working long hours from yr 7.
in year 8 i worked the hardest i have worked up until this year...we were told that exams meant so much and after i realised they weren't i started working less....so in yr11 i wasn't doing much work at all...

i think they need to push study less in the younger years and ease it up as you get to higher levels..

...thats the case at my school anyway...be interested to hear what you guys think.

Morgues

They should make us work 7-10 so that we are used to the work load in year 12
Most of the people dont do anything 7-10 and then cant pick up the habbit in 11-12 causing them not to reach the so called "potential"

Lee

that would be me exactly. i was told we didn't need to do anything till year twelve so i didn't. now i have a alot of trouble trying to keep up with the workload. there would have ben plenty of work for me to do i just chose not to do it. they need to improve the system, so like in america, your marks start counting from day one. maybe then i wokld have been motivated to do some work:)

debugz

HSC
ur attention switches off after 4 or so hours
its scientifically proven that cramming doesnt work
while u may know a little bit more after cramming in the wee hours of the morning, u dont remeber as much is u do 2 hrs blocks / break / 2 hour.

during cramming it may appear that ur learning lots of stuff... it'll be gone out off your head quickly. Thefore u will turn up to an exam tired and stupid =)

Cheers

(NOTE: i fell under the tired and stupid catagory)

oooooh.. and i encourage not telling year 7 - 10 kids about the hsc, until they're in yr 12.... =) u want to ruin 5 years of a teenagers life, instead of 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)