Web Page Appears Smaller (1 Viewer)

Web Addict

HSC
Hi.

Whenever I go onto any web page on the Bored of Studies forum, the web page appears smaller than it should, which can be seen in the following screenshot:
Bored of Studies.jpg

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there a way to fix this? This only happens on the Bored of Studies community, not any other websites. It is really getting annoying.

Thank you.

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
We are making changes to the forum's stylesheet so expect to see the appearance of the site to change over the next few days.

Web Addict

HSC
We are making changes to the forum's stylesheet so expect to see the appearance of the site to change over the next few days.
Is this permanent or will it revert back to normal?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you viewing the page at 100% It looks like you have it zoomed out

D94

HSC
N/A
Disable AdBlock, refresh, enable it then see how it appears.

If it isn't a cache issue then I believe your monitor is larger than 1350px wide. What's your screen resolution?

Web Addict

HSC
Disable AdBlock, refresh, enable it then see how it appears.

If it isn't a cache issue then I believe your monitor is larger than 1350px wide. What's your screen resolution?
I just tried disabling and then re-enabling AdBlock, but the same problem still persists.

How do I find out my screen resolution?

By the way, this problem only started to happen a few days ago. It was perfectly fine before that.

D94

HSC
N/A
My screen resolution is 1600 x 900.
Yes, as I suspected.

Whoever designed this, designed it to suit their screen resolution.

A simple fix would be to change this line:

.above_body{background:#006699 none ;margin:0px 0px 10px 0px;padding:0px 0px 0px 0px;-moz-border-radius-bottomleft:0px;-moz-border-radius-bottomright:0px;-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:0px;-webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:0px;border-bottom-left-radius:0px;border-bottom-right-radius:0px; display:inline-block; width:1350px; height:228px;}
to

.above_body{background:#006699 none ;margin:0px 0px 10px 0px;padding:0px 0px 0px 0px;-moz-border-radius-bottomleft:0px;-moz-border-radius-bottomright:0px;-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:0px;-webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:0px;border-bottom-left-radius:0px;border-bottom-right-radius:0px; display:inline-block; width:100%; height:228px;}
in the main-rollup.css file, and then everyone will be happy.

Since you're in Chrome, do the following: right click the blue header section > inspect element > look at the bottom right of the thing that popped up > under matched css rules > change the width number from 1350px to 100%.

I'm assuming you are referring to the blue header being not wide enough, but as for other features like the post field, there are other places you will need to change, of which it would be simpler for the designer/developer to change.

Web Addict

HSC
Yes, as I suspected.

to

Since you're in Chrome, do the following: right click the blue header section > inspect element > look at the bottom right of the thing that popped up > under matched css rules > change the width number from 1350px to 100%.

I'm assuming you are referring to the blue header being not wide enough, but as for other features like the post field, there are other places you will need to change, of which it would be simpler for the designer/developer to change.
The blue header and other featuers, like the post field, are not wide enough. So, the designer/developor has to change to layout?

D94

HSC
N/A
Well it wasn't designed for a 1600px wide resolution. You will just have to wait until until someone who can change it, sees this.

Web Addict

HSC
Well it wasn't designed for a 1600px wide resolution. You will just have to wait until until someone who can change it, sees this.
Ok. Hopefully, it will revert back to normal soon. Thanks for you help.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, as I suspected.

to

This issue should be resolved.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The width issue is still occuring for me on 1920x1080 resolution, with or without adblock plus on the latest release of Firefox - also happened on the latest beta release of Firefox and IE.

Did a fresh install of windows a couple of hours ago too so it's not down to cache issues. (got replacement ssd and some new ram earlier this week)

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
i m using - 1440 x 900

and i have probrem

Web Addict

HSC
Unfortunately, the problem is still happening for me. The only thing that changed is the banner at the top of the page, which has reverted back to its normal state. All the other stuff are still appearing smaller than they should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)