Discussion Thread for Atar Notes & other forums (1 Viewer)

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
This thread is to be the place to discuss Atar Notes & other competitor websites.
Discussions/references to competitor website including promotion outside of this thread is not allowed, and you will be warned...

Just some rules:
1. Try to keep on topic. Generally this thread is for the purposes of commenting positive and giving feedback to the mod team and ideas for improvement.
2. This is not the place to vent frustrations against any competitor website, nor anyone who uses a competitor website. It can constitute as harassment, and a infraction may apply.
3. Links to competitor websites may be deleted, as well as any flaming.
4. All other community rules apply.

(and yes this particular post was moved, the original OP is below)

Last edited:

Simorgh

HSC
Which one is better? jk :detective:

I just don't get why linking the web address of ATAR Notes is restricted over here? What does BOS have to lose?

Its also a site dedicated to supporting Students and their studies.

Last edited by a moderator:

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Re: ATAR Notes vs Bored of Studies

Which one is better? jk :detective:

I just don't get why linking the web address of ATAR Notes is restrcited over here? What does BOS have to lose?

Its a site that is also dedicated to supporting Students and their studies.
Possibly because it's a competing site. Or there might be a deeper reason.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC

I think they're technically competing as a resources service, as both charge you to access "Premium" resources.

Orwell

HSC

What's ATAR Notes?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

Like BoredofStudies, ATAR notes is a HSC forum which entails helping students out academically

Differences between ATAR notes and Boredofstudies:
-ATAR notes has free essay marking where if you achieve 15 ATAR notes posts, you get to post your essay/creative on the forum for people to read (i.e. the moderators, either Elyse, Jake or Jamon) to mark your essay and give appropiate feedback. Boredofstudies doesn't really have that sort of thing (unless someone makes a thread for their essay to be marked)
-ATAR notes has free lectures (they are in partnership with UTS) but no free "ATAR notes trials". BOS on the other hand, doesnt have free lectures but they have free HSC trials (i.e. BOS trials)
-ATAR notes makes revision booklets which they sell but BOS doesnt do that
-BOS was a warning and an infraction system which has a number of points for certain offenses, the higher, the more likely you are to get banned. On the other hand ATAR notes has a warning level where for every warning you get 5% on your warning level (it doubles if you repeat the offense). Once you get up to 60% on your warning level in ATAR notes, you are no longer allowed to post
-ATAR notes can IP ban you. IDK if BOS IP bans you
-ATAR notes has one thread for everything (i.e. HSC chemistry thread) as opposed to BOS, we have to make our own threads for certain questions as having one thread that defeats the purpose of certain sections in this forum
-ATAR notes doesn't have a marathon of some sort
-ATAR notes doesnt have a contact moderators section for their forum
-ATAR notes originated in Victoria hence it isn't used just by NSW but also other states like Vic
-You get warnings in ATAR notes for stupid things such as consecutive posting, spamming (which doesn't seem like spamming), telling people that if they want to get their essay marked, they need more posts (i.e. mimicking moderators), advertising rival sources by accident, etc
-The amount of posts you have in ATAR notes is a big deal (as long as ppl like you) wheras in Boredofstudies no one cares
-People in ATAR notes are friendlier and more Welcoming
-They (the moderators and certain volunteers) make articles for people (such as relationships and the HSC)
-For a small forum like ATAR notes, you get quite a lot of help from the moderators and other people

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

I have a feeling this thread may get deleted or locked.

Simorgh

HSC

I feel that BOS has become quite dull and dead at times. The moderators on ATAR Notes are quite active and closer to their users especially on the study and HSC threads, unlike the Moderators on BOS unfortunately.

I would still say BOS is the more established site but that could soon change. ATAR Notes are really promoting themselves on social media and elsewhere as the go to go site for students.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

I have a feeling this thread may get deleted or locked.
IS this bc we're discussing a rival site?
I feel that BOS has become quite dull and dead at times. The moderators on ATAR Notes are quite active and closer to their users especially on the study and HSC threads, unlike the Moderators on BOS unfortunately.
Is it bc we're discussion about a rival site?
I would still say BOS is the more established site but that could soon change. ATAR Notes are really promoting themselves on social media and elsewhere as the go to go site for students.
Yeah BOS was made in 2002 for HSC students? Moderators come and go wheras ATAR notes recently (I think) expanded from Vic to NSW and they've only gotten 3 "national moderators" as the main moderators

But yeah don't attempt to spam just to increase posts on ATAR notes for free essay marking or don't do what I said above or else they're not gonna like you lmao

BTW in ATAR notes it's easier to get in trouble than in BOS

enoilgam

HSC

Im going to let this thread continue for now, as we are always keen to get feedback from our users. However, please be aware that all links to competitor sites will be deleted.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

Like Enoilgam said, competiter sites which are linked are going to be deleted. If you did that on ATAR notes you'd get a warning and the comment being deleted

Anyways here's a pic of what happens when you get IP banned from ATAR notes: http://i.imgur.com/uIYArjb.png

InteGrand

HSC
N/A

Like Enoilgam said, competiter sites which are linked are going to be deleted. If you did that on ATAR notes you'd get a warning and the comment being deleted

Anyways here's a pic of what happens when you get IP banned from ATAR notes: http://i.imgur.com/uIYArjb.png
How badly would one need to misbehave on that site vs. on BOS in order to get an IP Ban?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

How badly would one need to misbehave on that site vs. on BOS in order to get an IP Ban?
I think you get to get a warning level to 60% then evade a ban by making duplicate accounts and if they find out they'll IP ban you

BlueGas

HSC
N/A

Like BoredofStudies, ATAR notes is a HSC forum which entails helping students out academically

Differences between ATAR notes and Boredofstudies:
-ATAR notes has free essay marking where if you achieve 15 ATAR notes posts, you get to post your essay/creative on the forum for people to read (i.e. the moderators, either Elyse, Jake or Jamon) to mark your essay and give appropiate feedback. Boredofstudies doesn't really have that sort of thing (unless someone makes a thread for their essay to be marked)
-ATAR notes has free lectures (they are in partnership with UTS) but no free "ATAR notes trials". BOS on the other hand, doesnt have free lectures but they have free HSC trials (i.e. BOS trials)
-ATAR notes makes revision booklets which they sell but BOS doesnt do that
-BOS was a warning and an infraction system which has a number of points for certain offenses, the higher, the more likely you are to get banned. On the other hand ATAR notes has a warning level where for every warning you get 5% on your warning level (it doubles if you repeat the offense). Once you get up to 60% on your warning level in ATAR notes, you are no longer allowed to post
-ATAR notes can IP ban you. IDK if BOS IP bans you
-ATAR notes has one thread for everything (i.e. HSC chemistry thread) as opposed to BOS, we have to make our own threads for certain questions as having one thread that defeats the purpose of certain sections in this forum
-ATAR notes doesn't have a marathon of some sort
-ATAR notes doesnt have a contact moderators section for their forum
-ATAR notes originated in Victoria hence it isn't used just by NSW but also other states like Vic
-You get warnings in ATAR notes for stupid things such as consecutive posting, spamming (which doesn't seem like spamming), telling people that if they want to get their essay marked, they need more posts (i.e. mimicking moderators), advertising rival sources by accident, etc
-The amount of posts you have in ATAR notes is a big deal (as long as ppl like you) wheras in Boredofstudies no one cares
-People in ATAR notes are friendlier and more Welcoming
-They (the moderators and certain volunteers) make articles for people (such as relationships and the HSC)
-For a small forum like ATAR notes, you get quite a lot of help from the moderators and other people
Have you had a rough time on this forum?

Simorgh

HSC

I think you get to get a warning level to 60% then evade a ban by making duplicate accounts and if they find out they'll IP ban you
Use VPN aha or create a new IP address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)