access to lazseeker (1 Viewer)

|_wise_|

hey,

i cannot access the lazseeker site from school as we are restricted to port 80...would you be able to host all the links locally? thanks

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
That is unfortunate... you could try downloading the offline version. It's not quite as good, and doesn't work on all systems (for some reason), but it may be all you can do.

Or convince your school to allow port 4919 for the benefit of your education etc. :)

|_wise_|

nah school won't do that....i have the offline version and use it heaps...how isn't it as good???? what differences are there in the advanced version???

T

tactic

i think james means it isnt as good option wise..
i would think the formulas used to calculate the uai would not change

|_wise_|

how does the formula change? how often? and what is the 'advanced' version??? laz???:confused:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
The offline version simply doesn't have a few of the features that the online version has. It doesn't automatically include your best 10 units (you have to count them yourself), it's missing a few of the older courses, and you can't directly input percentiles (which is what the online advanced version allows you to do).

The formula changes slightly with each version released, and I think the last version was released in April. There shouldn't be any quantitative differences between the online and offline versions.

|_wise_|

damn....now i really want the online version....could you change the port to 80 or get someone to host a mirror??? What services does it need....if it doesn't need php i can host it...

|_wise_|

mmm...i got 10mb with iprimus....not sure if they support asp and mdb though,....i doubt it...

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Also, I just checked - I can't host LazSeeker on port 80 anyway. Optus blocks it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)