Drama IP (1 Viewer)

randomshiregirl

HSC
Hey, very stressed out. I'm doing a portfolio of theatre criticism, review, for my Ip and im stressed out caus there are so few ppl doing it.... or that i'm aware of. If there is anyone doing review, plz let me know what stage of the project you are up to... i have barely started my reviews but have seen 2 plays.
Thanx a bunch!

alyceharrington

HSC
Hey,

Im doing drama as well.. Im doing costume design and i have to present it in two weeks. I have completed my directors concept and have completed 2 of my sketches. We also have to do 2 group performaces.
What does your school have to do im finding it different to every school when i talk to people.

Thanks

niteshade1312

HSC
randomshiregirl said:
Hey, very stressed out. I'm doing a portfolio of theatre criticism, review, for my Ip and im stressed out caus there are so few ppl doing it.... or that i'm aware of. If there is anyone doing review, plz let me know what stage of the project you are up to... i have barely started my reviews but have seen 2 plays.
Thanx a bunch!
I did Critical Analysis last year and I didn't really get going on the writing of my reviews until I had see a lot of plays. I was and still am a theatre- orientated person and saw at least 6 before I decided which 4 to write about. I think I started writing about this time or even after Term 2 just begun. I spent most of Term 4 and Term 1 seeing shows. There are quite a lot out there at the moment and it should be in your best interest to get out and around and check out all the major and MINOR companies that are in Syd.

You shouldn't really do more than 2 from the same theatre or of thw same company because you arn't really showing that you have doen the research and gone out of your way to see works.

The beauty of a hand- in project is that you can constantly work on it. I ended up changing the entire writing style of one of my reviews about 2 weeks before hand in because I knew it really wasn't working and it turned out to be one of the better ones.

If you are having any thoughts or worries, just pm me and I;d be happy to talk to you about reviews!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)