Fire Up! (1 Viewer)

timmy101

HSC
Ha anyone else noticed that the questions have been pretty much the same for the past 6 years... Correct me if I'm wrong.

Mithead

HSC
yeah...aside from the odd strange one. The ones for Brecht are always the same, which is nice of them!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You can't expect something dramatically different for the exam. Just learn techniques, quotes and workshopped experiences, and things can't really go wrong.

joshoh

HSC
The only Brechct one that differs is:How would Brecht be staged today?

Hope not like that, because the only way I can deal with Brecht is memorising my essay and allow for minor adustments to fit the brief. I have hated Brecht and his crappy tecniques from the beginning. However enjoyed the rest of the course.

treehat

HSC
Does anyone write prepared essays for drama lol? Ive never ever written a practise essay actually. nor do I study.. but thats not the point lol. I think the point is just to focus on analysis, and you ll do really well.

Lucy111

HSC
Since you think the questions are all so similar... do you have any predictions for Australian drama...??

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
My guess would be something like:

Discuss how Australian theatre deal with the problems of society, making reference to the theatrical and staging techniques of two perscribed plays.

christinamak

HSC
timmy101 said:
Ha anyone else noticed that the questions have been pretty much the same for the past 6 years... Correct me if I'm wrong.
i have realised that whatever they ask you you can always interpret it to your own way
i pre wrote essays for almost all my subjects or planed mind maps and whatever they ask you you can use your info to answer the question
HSC is easy guys people just talk it up too much
good luck

Montana1717

HSC
From what I've seen, the Australian question is generally the same and uses some combination of these terms:

Dramatic Forms
Theatrical Techniques
Theatrical Styles
Dramatic Styles
Dramatic Conventions
Performance styles

Would somebody be able to give a quick definition of each because I ge them all muddled. There's probably a couple of redundant terms in there too.. Cheers.

electrik1991

HSC
I love that the questions we do get asked are always derived from the rubric.
you don't have to look far!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)