Getting into Onstage?? (1 Viewer)

livinlet

HSC
N/A
So next year I will be starting year 11 and have decided to make my goal (for the senior years) is to get into OnStage (my IP will be a monologue) or at least do really well in drama as a whole. What are your tips for year 11 & 12 drama? Tips on getting into OnStage?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
It is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

tyzzefloro

HSC
To do well in drama you don't have to get into Onstage nor even receive a nomination. My drama teacher has stated that she had two students get 99 who were not nominated for Onstage. Remember Onstage contains exemplary performances that are good for a wide audience and they are not necessarily the best in the HSC. To get nominated for Onstage you have to normally at least receivee top bands in the 3 marking criteria for performance. Remember to always play to your acting strengths and you shall discover them further in year 11 which i indeed did. Some amazing performers from my class didn't get nominated however I know they all got A's even 30s for their IPs because they were all brilliant. Start thinking about an idea for your GP (i know you're not supposed to but just keep some in the back of your head) some grand metaphors are always the best for GP. And never leave drama to the last minute, it requires sustained effort because even your logbooks count towards your final mark and rank. My class received 4 IP noms and 1 GP nom and we're a class of 11 !!!!! Pretty sure our whole class is gonna do so well, all the best. ask more q's if u need to

livinlet

HSC
N/A
Thank you very much, a lot of that information was really helpful.
What's the hardest part about year 11 and year 12 drama (things I could try to focus on), which might help me improve my class ranking for drama?

tyzzefloro

HSC
You need to definitely get into the habit of doing your logbooks every time you do something relative to your group performance and I.P DO NOT DO IT AT THE LAST MINUTE. Also the performance path that you're choosing is only 60% of the picture... Don't forget about essay writing which you will also need to become proficient at. Also pick people in your GP group that you know you will have a good chemistry with and will also GET THINGS DONE.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you very much, a lot of that information was really helpful.
What's the hardest part about year 11 and year 12 drama (things I could try to focus on), which might help me improve my class ranking for drama?

Group work IPs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)