Current Students (1 Viewer)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Hey guys,
Just wondering if any of you are current students (either at the Broadway campus, or in Broome/Fremantle)?
If you are.. introduce yourself hey! Name, year, course, campus.
:)

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Name: Liz
Year: First year, commencing semester 2, 2009.
Course: B Laws/B Arts (Politics)
Campus: Broadway

meechfan

live.laugh.love
HSC
Uni Grad

Name: Meredith

Year: First Year, commenced Semester 1, 2009- present
Course: B Communications

Joel8945

HSC
Name: Joel

Year: First Year, commenced Semester 1, 2009

Course: Bachelor of Science

Campus: University of Melbourne

danielle..

is awesome.
HSC
hey the course that you are doing is pretty much exactly what i want to do at notre dame next year.
just wondering what kind of marks did you get? and do you know if they base your entry mainly on your uai/atar or the interview/application?

HSC
hey the course that you are doing is pretty much exactly what i want to do at notre dame next year. just wondering what kind of marks did you get? and do you know if they base your entry mainly on your uai/atar or the interview/application?
I don't go to Notre Dame myself but I have a lot of friends at the Fremantle campus, so I'll attempt to answer this for you.

If you apply early (ie by early September), then your interview will be before your HSC. This means that they will look more at your school marks and overall application. If you end up with a later interview (due to a later application), then your ATAR may come into it more.

For example, I had a friend who applied for Nursing last year. Her interview was in September, and they offered her a place on the spot from school marks, etc. However, she went on to fail English in TEE (which Notre Dame supposedly requires a pass in), but kept her place. Another friend applied for the same course, but later, so her interview wasn't until December. It meant that her TER became available to Notre Dame, and as she was just under, missed out on Nursing.

Moral of the story: Apply early if you are confident with your school marks.

Additionally, when I went around all the open days etc last year, I was really impressed by the ND law school (albeit at Freo, but I'm sure Broadway has a similar program).

Reactions: J44

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
hey the course that you are doing is pretty much exactly what i want to do at notre dame next year.
just wondering what kind of marks did you get? and do you know if they base your entry mainly on your uai/atar or the interview/application?
Hey :) Sorry bout how delayed this reply is!
As far as UAI goes, I got a UAI of 90. I got a band 5 in English Advanced (which is pretty much the only subject they're concerned with). I got in based on my HSC performance mainly (as I didn't have access to a transcript from my previous university) as well as my application.
The interview itself was an informal thing, I was told that I was more or less accepted beforehand, that it was just a chat/get to know you kinda thing. That said, I think there is more emphasis on the interview for school leavers, and your marks will, of course, factor in. Though, a competitive application will give you a leg-up :)
Any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)