Languages at UWS (1 Viewer)

Babay

wooosh!
HSC
I'm considering taking up this course next year, and I was just curious of anyone else that's up for Languages at uni, especially at UWS, or is currently studying at uni atm. If you can please answer the following questions too, thanks!

1. What language(s) are you going to study? And why?
2. What career(s) would you like to get into?
3. Which uni and why?

As for me:

1. Japanese/Mandarin or Japanese/Spanish. Still undecided.
2. Travel industry. It's all I know LOL. Oh gawd, please give me some suggestions too, thanks haha.
3. UWS. Can't get into anywhere else ><

Babay

wooosh!
HSC
Figured why not ^^ At UWS, you can sub-major into another language. Ah and also, it must be a plus to know two other languages. Broadens my opportunities, I guess.

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Oh fair enough.
I'd considered doing Japanese coz it was my LOTE in year 7/8, but decided against it.. languages aren't great for me.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I think a lot of the languages are based at Bankstown because that's where the Intrepreting and Translation course is. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Babay

wooosh!
HSC
ambermorn said:
I think a lot of the languages are based at Bankstown because that's where the Intrepreting and Translation course is. Correct me if I'm wrong?
No, no you're right ^^ unfortunately its a bummer for me coz its the hardest campus to get to XD

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Oh really? Isn't it near a trainline though? I have to go there for some of third year and maybe honours, so I really am not looking forward to the travel...takes me just over an hour for Penrith =(

Babay

wooosh!
HSC
ahh dang that sucks >< with the bankstown campus, you have to get off the bankstown station then take a 20 minute bus ride to campus arghhh xd

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
The guy who teaches spanish is apparently crap, everyone that i know of has told me not to do it.

Babay

wooosh!
HSC
Wooz said:
The guy who teaches spanish is apparently crap, everyone that i know of has told me not to do it.
ahh no way! darn, might have to do mandarin instead >< btw Wooz, are any of ur friends that are doing this course on bored of studies? it'd be nice to hear of more direct and honest info on Languages.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Babay said:
ahh no way! darn, might have to do mandarin instead >< btw Wooz, are any of ur friends that are doing this course on bored of studies? it'd be nice to hear of more direct and honest info on Languages.
Nope, but they all warned me about Spanish.

Babay

wooosh!
HSC
aww man noone else interested in Languages? lol

ZaraKu

HSC
you can do french, but it's through cross-institutional study (I have no idea what that is), that's what one of the arts staff told me via email

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)