Arts/Law confusion (1 Viewer)

Radio97

HSC
hey, so I just enrolled in my units for arts/law (I'm a mid year entry), and I'm confused about the selection of a key program. Do I have to select one now? The units I've enrolled in are (in addition to the law ones):
Contemporary Society, and
Texts and Traditions

If i select a Key Program (I want either Psychology or Asian Studies/International Relations), will I have to change those units to one arts core and one unit from my key program, or can I keep these two this semester and just do two key program units next semester?

Too many questions? hope someone can help out :)

smile=)

HSC
hey =)

I'm doing arts/law too, so hopefully i can try to answer your questions!
My key program is psych, so in my first semester i did contemporary society, (core arts unit) and behavioural science (psych unit), and my two law units.
I enrolled in these subjects as that was what it said to do in the course handbook online.
However, I'm pretty sure that for all other key programs the recommended sequence (in the course handbook) suggests doing your key program units later. Ive got friends doing arts/law who havent picked their key program yet.. I don't think it really matters unless you want to choose psych.

So, if you decide you want to do psych as your key program, then you should probably swap one of your core units for a psych unit (according to the recommended sequence).
..Having said that, it is the 'recommended' sequence, so i guess its not set in stone, and it's really up to you what you do and when.

Hope this all makes some sense and was of some help!
Good luck =)

Radio97

HSC
Thanks for the help, I actually emailed John Juriansz last week and he finally got back to me just yesterday (very useful, considering I'd already chosen units and done tute reg for them) but luckily he said pretty much the same thing you just did, which is that I won't be required to select a key program probably until next year. A huge relief considering how quickly classes fill up with tute reg- I wasn't keen on the idea of having to select a new unit and attempt to get times for it. Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)