B Arts Path to Masters Teaching. (1 Viewer)

1Eilatan

HSC
Hey, I just want to know. I was reading how if you do a bachelor of arts for three years, then you have a place in Masters of teaching secondary or primary. The thing is, I was wondering, is it hard to get into a B Arts in Teaching (Pathway) to Secondary or whatever after you do B Arts? 'Cause I want to do my b arts (which I'm in) but then, whatever you majored in, you will take onto your masters teaching and end up teaching in that for however long. So is it stupid to finish the bachelor of arts, then go do a bachelor of teaching or whatever?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
A B Arts (pathway) is exactly the same as a B Arts, except you take extra subjects about education, and then do an accelerated masters of teaching at the end.

You either have two options: complete the normal BA, then enrol in a Masters of Teaching which is 18 months full time, or transfer to a BA (Pathway), complete that and gain automatic acceptance into an accelerated Masters of Teaching which is 12 months in duration.

ample

HSC
what requirements will one have to fulfill to transfer from B arts to B arts/master in primary teaching after the first semester? Is there a good chance of transfering after the first semester?

FairyLisa

HSC
what requirements will one have to fulfill to transfer from B arts to B arts/master in primary teaching after the first semester? Is there a good chance of transfering after the first semester?
Double check if this has changed, but in my first year (I'm in 3rd now), I completed 2 BA core units, as well as a key program unit and an education unit rather than an open elective.
If you have completed BA Core units and Key program units it SHOULD be ok for you to transfer. I'm not too sure about what happens with that open elective unit. It may be worth something in the course depending on what you chose.

AndyPants1989

HSC
Is UWS the only uni that offers the accelerated program?

Is it worth going to UWS just for the sake of six months less study?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)