In need of help :( (1 Viewer)

-pkaur-

HSC
I accepted my offer for B arts/Master of teaching (secondary) but i now wish to study B arts/Master of teaching (primary). I aslo changed my prefernces but i doubt i would get the offer since there arent any vacancies for primary. I called UWS and they said to go to advising session (which i would be) and someone else said to choose subjects relevant to primary teaching but the education major for master of primary teaching is unavaliable to other students.

sorry if this sounds confusing but help would be apreciated.

thanks

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I would say choose units that the primary major has instead of the secondary units, and then transfer to the primary major after a semester or year. Double check at the advising session, but I'm sure you can do this. Even though I'm a normal BA student, I could choose subjects in the primary major as electives, so there's no reason you wouldn't be able to.

-pkaur-

HSC
I would say choose units that the primary major has instead of the secondary units, and then transfer to the primary major after a semester or year. Double check at the advising session, but I'm sure you can do this. Even though I'm a normal BA student, I could choose subjects in the primary major as electives, so there's no reason you wouldn't be able to.
thanks alot that helped =D and yeah i would double check at the advising session.
But i have a quick question, is the educaton major for primary taught in the first semester and the education major for primary isnt avaliable to other students doing a different course and apparently its mandatory?
Also if i transfer after the first semester or after the first year, would i be able to complete the whole course including the masters in the 4 years?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Yes, it is taught in the first semester. When it says the major isn't available for other students, it means you can't major in it, but there's nothing stopping you from doing the subjects as electives instead of doing the secondary subjects. Once you transfer, you'd receive credit for the units in the primary major that you've done and continue on in the new major as normal.

It is unusual for people to not follow the recommended sequence of a degree, but it does happen. I met a guy last semester who did social science, but chose all of his subjects to be in the school of psychology, so when he transferred to psych this year he would receive advanced standing.

Of course, I don't work at UWS so it's good to check if you can do this, but from others experiences, it should be possible.

-pkaur-

HSC
Yes, it is taught in the first semester. When it says the major isn't available for other students, it means you can't major in it, but there's nothing stopping you from doing the subjects as electives instead of doing the secondary subjects. Once you transfer, you'd receive credit for the units in the primary major that you've done and continue on in the new major as normal.

It is unusual for people to not follow the recommended sequence of a degree, but it does happen. I met a guy last semester who did social science, but chose all of his subjects to be in the school of psychology, so when he transferred to psych this year he would receive advanced standing.

Of course, I don't work at UWS so it's good to check if you can do this, but from others experiences, it should be possible.
woahhh what a relief...thank you so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)