B Arts Parramatta online lectures (1 Viewer)

Chrissiieee

HSC
Would anybody know any information about the online art lectures at Parramatta? I heard the lectures are only available online and not physically at the campus - would this be correct?

The 'Lectures online - Guidelines for students' pdf also states that "The lecture contains copyright materials, video, annotations on slides or other multimedia materials which cannot be made available on Lectures online."

Would this give the students doing their Arts degree at the Parramatta campus a significant disadvantage?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Are you doing a straight BA? I think this is the first year BA has been offered on Parra campus.

I don't have experience with the online lectures for Arts, when I did my core art subjects they were all in person. A lot of lectures are going online now, not just for Parra. I think that Texts and Traditions is online for everyone, for example.

This may be a good question to shoot at your tutor (assuming you have face-to-face tutes), or by emailing your head of program.

In my experience, the online lectures I've had for some of my psych subjects have been very thorough, but motivating yourself to do them is half the battle.

HTH :)

Chrissiieee

HSC
Haha thanks and I probably will end up asking my tutor (I found out there were no tutorials for my unit in the first week the hard way).

asymmetricalx

HSC
Haha thanks and I probably will end up asking my tutor (I found out there were no tutorials for my unit in the first week the hard way).
Just out of curiosity are you talking about the texts and traditions tute that didnt happen this morning? I was there haha

Chrissiieee

HSC
Just out of curiosity are you talking about the texts and traditions tute that didnt happen this morning? I was there haha
Oh it was terrible. I spent 3 hours travelling to uni& back for my only tutorial, and to find out it was cancelled sent me over the edge. :haha:

Hope it wasn't your only class for the day haha.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Haha, that does suck. I have turned up to non existant lectures before with 40 other people, and we all sat in the room in the dark before realising that the lectures only ran on certain weeks. Whoops!

Good luck with texts, it can be a very dry subject at times but the best way to tackle it is by thinking if you pass, you'll never have to do it again :).

asymmetricalx

HSC
It certainly was my only class! Pretty terrible I have to say.. sat in peak traffic for an hour only to be told it was cancelled.. at least the trip home was quicker. I think i'll start checking vuws before I leave in the morning now.. :rolleyes:

ixswans

HSC
To the person saying texts is dry, omg. Its my favourite Arts class this semester. I must be a literature nerd or something..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)