What Major? (1 Viewer)

daniel4592

HSC
Hey how is everyone, I am extremely confused with this course, UWS: Bachelor of Arts (Pathways to Teaching Primary)
I started a bachelor in health science 2 months ago and gave up 1 month ago because I hated the content.
Regarding this bachelor of arts pathways to teaching, with the Major I have to pick from that list, does it specifically have to be English or Linguistics etc or could I pick Media and Visual cultures and still be eligible to complete the masters of teaching and then become a teacher?
Also with the Education studies, is that done alongside with the major you chose? or am I understanding this wrong?
Because Im tossing between this or doing a proper Bachelor of Education (Primary) through distance ed via UNE.

Out of curiosity though, how hard is this course? the main reason I dropped health science was because I was bored and some of the content like Biology was beyond understandable to me.

All help appreciated.
Thanks!

daniel4592

HSC
Really undecided, I want to go to UWS for the social factor? but I'd rather do UNE via distance because it is the proper course without having to major in some useless things.
If anyone at all can help me?

DTFM

HSC
Regarding this bachelor of arts pathways to teaching, with the Major I have to pick from that list, does it specifically have to be English or Linguistics etc or could I pick Media and Visual cultures and still be eligible to complete the masters of teaching and then become a teacher?
What makes you think you have to choose English or Linguistics? You can choose any of those majors to go alongside the compulsory Education Studies major.

Also with the Education studies, is that done alongside with the major you chose?
Yes.

Out of curiosity though, how hard is this course? the main reason I dropped health science was because I was bored and some of the content like Biology was beyond understandable to me.
Humanities subjects are very easy. You can sit in a stupor through all of your classes and never do your readings and still be earning distinctions.

daniel4592

HSC
So out of this list; which would be the best and easiest to get decent grades in?
Religion, Anthropology and Philosophy
Media and Visual Cultures
(Previously Art History and Cinema Studies)
Arabic
Chinese
Japanese
Italian
Spanish
Global Studies
Asian Studies and International Relations
History and Political Thought
Cultural and Social Analysis
English, Text and Writing
Islamic Studies
Linguistics
Psychology

I know I would never pick a language so there out I guess.
But Im still tossing up between this or doing a proper bachelor of ed through UNE by distance.

DTFM

HSC
The best and easiest one to get good grades in is the one you are most interested in.

daniel4592

HSC
That would be a toss up between media and global studies, maybe global studies because its just about whats happening in the world.
Im very worried about picking the wrong course again, which is why Im posting here :S I started a health science degree (PDHPE) to become a pdhpe teacher, but the stuff in the course to me personally was all boring except Human population and Health, it didnt help doing biology without any bio background in high school what so ever.

daniel4592

HSC
Oh for godness sake can anything go right!, they aren't offering Global Studies as a major at Penrith, pretty much does this course for me:(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)