what math skills are required in the ba-psych major? (1 Viewer)

Riot09

HSC
Does anyone know what i need to be aware of when it comes to the statistics part in the B.a-psych major course;because at orientation they told us that about 80% of students that start this major don't complete it because of the statistics or maths involved in this course.

so basically what do i need to do to prepare for the quantitative aspect of this course?

i know that basic statistical math topics will be taught in addition to other advanced university level topics.However can someone tell me what to expect and be prepared for?As i did 2unit maths last year and i don't know if that will be enough.

thnx

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hi, The best person to speak to in regards to your enquiry is your course advisor. To find out who your course advisor is, conduct a course search via the UWS Handbook: www.uws.edu.au/handbook. Best regards, UWS Course Info

Psychology

HSC
They will get you up to date on everything you need to know in regards to stats. First year there really isn't much maths involved and you don't really need to worry about it; you learn everything at university, school really doesn't prepare you for psychology because there isn't any courses as far as I know that are like a uni Psych course; it's very different and the way you think about and look at things is something they will also teach you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)