Tech Wood - my folio (1 Viewer)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
well since it takes forever for the front page and notes to be updated...i'll just post it here

i did woodwork from year 7 all the way to year 11
i did it for 5years and got pretty much excellent results every year because the talent of the people who did this subject is not all that great :D
i did it not because it was a good opportunity to come top rank everytime...it was because i truely loved woodworking and making amazing stuff out of planks of timber heheh :p
i wouldn't have dropped Industrial Tech but 4u maths sux....plus all the good woodwork teachers that taught me from yr7 had left...leaving these useless fresh out of tafe or something, that couldn't even change the band saw blade AFTER showing us a video as to how to do it...

here is my year 11 folio for a simple....VERY simple box...don't have any pictures of it but you might be able to steal something useful from it for your yr12 major work and the portfolio

pictures tell a thousand works....adding pictures and descriptions to them can gain to extra marks!

you should know how much research needs to be shown in every project before it even begin!

Click here for file

Last edited:

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
here are some more notes on various machines

i have heaps more but just can't find them....

BJLittle

HSC
doood.. i do industrial technology but i do the woodwork side of it, im real stuck with the portfolio though. and i really really need help. im the only girl in my industrial tech class. and the teacher is a sexist bastard who has all the time in the world for the guys just not for me.. i need help. i know you say you cant help cuz you never did industrial technology, but you know what its like dooing a portfolio dont you.. please help.

andwz

HSC
man i sooo stuck on that portfolio thingy toooo and its due thiz mon ... which i havent even started on it can anyone help?

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
What im doing, and what the teacher wants.

Hello ppls of earth,
Well im glad im sticking with In-tech. I plan to make a A-frame Viking Tent, a two-part medieval chest and a another medieval chest with a built-in esky in it. But i have had to stand up for my decison for keeping the tent, because my teacher just wanted me to do the chests. That was last year, since then he is seeing the tent as a fun thing to do after finishing the chests.

But unfortantly i have no money to buy wood and neither does my dad. Any ideas of cost cutting??? :)

I hope if any of you guys want to do something different and the teacher doesnt like it, keep saying no!!! it worked for me (though i made the only female in a class of six)
Ill show you my finished projects (hopefully!) at the end of the year.
Please, if you are doing any interesting projects please tell me!!

andwz

HSC
stalk_if_u_dare said:
Hello ppls of earth,
Well im glad im sticking with In-tech. I plan to make a A-frame Viking Tent, a two-part medieval chest and a another medieval chest with a built-in esky in it. But i have had to stand up for my decison for keeping the tent, because my teacher just wanted me to do the chests. That was last year, since then he is seeing the tent as a fun thing to do after finishing the chests.

But unfortantly i have no money to buy wood and neither does my dad. Any ideas of cost cutting??? :)

I hope if any of you guys want to do something different and the teacher doesnt like it, keep saying no!!! it worked for me (though i made the only female in a class of six)
Ill show you my finished projects (hopefully!) at the end of the year.
Please, if you are doing any interesting projects please tell me!!

use pine from school its cheap ask ur teacher if he could order it through the school then buy expensive laquer as the finish ahahaha
wat?! u making a tent? hows that gonna work.
well im makin sumthing lik a fish tank stand u mite think its gonna score low marks but it wont ahahah im trying to make it look modern as possible the middle section im gonna hav this cabinet in a issoceles triangle shape where the equal sides r gonna be curved inwards wif 2 drws with dovetail joints in it (i heard dovetail joints scores alot of marks)..and thats onli the middle section its gonna be a big yr i should just show the plan ahaha too hard to explain the rest lol

stew_g17

HSC
hey guyz,
if u need help with the folio's i have pretty much done almost all of mine already jus need to add sum bits and pieces at the end but its already nearly up to 2 folders.our teacher has been good making sure we have been up 2 date with our folio's. I would post it but its 2 big but if ya want sum stuff i got heap of useful crap wen mi bro did a pool table in '03 2nd in da state.
if ya want sum jus email me at stuartgraham29@hotmail.com

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
andwz said:
use pine from school its cheap ask ur teacher if he could order it through the school then buy expensive laquer as the finish ahahaha
wat?! u making a tent? hows that gonna work.
well im makin sumthing lik a fish tank stand u mite think its gonna score low marks but it wont ahahah im trying to make it look modern as possible the middle section im gonna hav this cabinet in a issoceles triangle shape where the equal sides r gonna be curved inwards wif 2 drws with dovetail joints in it (i heard dovetail joints scores alot of marks)..and thats onli the middle section its gonna be a big yr i should just show the plan ahaha too hard to explain the rest lol
It is possible to make a tent, a VIKING tent is one of the simple things to make. Google seach 'Make a Viking A-frame tent' & you will pictures my good friend pictures!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)