2014 hsc industrial technology graphics major design project ideas? (1 Viewer)

genius

HSC
Hey everyone. I currently do Industrial Technology Graphics and have just started term 1 of the HSC year. As most of the focus in the HSC year for ITG is purely major project design, I was wondering if anyone had any unique ideas that I could consider and potentially use. I currently have a number of developed ideas but am yet to settle on a particular project. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated:)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Hey everyone. I currently do Industrial Technology Graphics and have just started term 1 of the HSC year. As most of the focus in the HSC year for ITG is purely major project design, I was wondering if anyone had any unique ideas that I could consider and potentially use. I currently have a number of developed ideas but am yet to settle on a particular project. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated:)
I don't do industrial tech but I think with major work projects, a really good way to nut out ideas is to create a brainstorm with all the issues or ideas you are interested in and keep brainstorming. Alternatively, you can also examine different types of graphic design you want to experiment with and get ideas from there but I reckon ideas first because it will inform your work and style. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

acallus

HSC
Choose what you think will be the most interesting and fun to do. I did architecture this year, not sure how I went, but it was really fun and interesting, so I liked it. That's what you want - you want to like what you've chosen for your major because you'll put more effort into it (although now I cringe at the thought of doing another drawing).

In terms of actual ideas, the list is endless (these are some from my class):
- Furniture
- Devices (phones, game consoles...)
- Architecture (a new building or an addition to an existing one)
- Jewellery (such as watches)

If you feel like you could do architecture, I wouldn't reject that idea. It looks impressive because of how big each concept and drawing is, so it looks to the markers like you put a lot of effort and time into it. Also, you can get away with using CAD software more, because in reality, house designs aren't hand drawn too often anyway. And another advantage is that those architecture questions that you'll get in your HSC will seem so natural to you.

Also, one piece of advice: whatever you choose to do, start your major now. Get most of your folio completed by the Christmas Holidays and really start getting your designs done over the holidays. If I could redo this year, that's the one thing I would change. You don't want to be doing your trials but worrying because your major is almost due. I know you'll think you have so much time to do it, but my whole class this year thought that too, and now we all wish we had really gotten into it when we had the chance.

Good luck :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)