To late for me? (1 Viewer)

card9ff

HSC
I have been studying Design and Technology for the past two years, but I have no interest in carrying on with it in the HSC. I do have an interest in working with Metal though, but am not sure if i am capable to go into the course at year 11 with only a basic understanding of skills like welding. Most other students at my have been doing the subject for years, which would leave me severely behind. My DAT teacher says that I could do it if I put in, but i'm still hesitant, what are your thoughts?

schoolsnooze

HSC
Hi,
I don't do Industrial Technology but rather Software Design, so take my advice as a grain of salt.
Continuing Software from IST from Yr 10 gives a huge advantage.
It is not the content but rather the basic techniques and pre-built experience from the past years.
The three people coming from IST in my year was pretty much guaranteed the top 3 spots, due to the amount of knowledge beforehand.
Where the rest of the class was learning the basics, we pretty much worked on more complex systems, creating a huge divide between 3rd and 4th. (especially in the quality of our major works)

I'm not telling you to just give up on it.
If you work hard, there's no reason why you can catch up to obtain the high ranks.
But just be aware that there can be a huge gap and that a lot of effort and time is needed to catch up (which yr 11 is great for).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)