What is Everyone doing for the ITMM Major Project (1 Viewer)

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
im takin a simple idea and hopefully expanding it...im makin a surfing movie

GaZ_2004

HSC
Well i got band 6 for multi last yr i would suggest that ppl do sumfin simple cuz it keeps the theme in ur project constant and doesnt make it an eyesore i.e. focuz on one big idea lyk space, WW2 or the titanic which i did... ^^ the easiest fing to make is a interactive director presentation... btw remember to totally kill ur portfolio it counts 4 alot, mine was bout at least 280pgs.....Well goodluck to everyone doin multi in 05'

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Yeah I got a band 6 also....

Just keep the whole thing simple and consistant.

My portfolio kicked! It was about 350 pages.... It gets you far.. even if oyu dont finish the project ( BUT FINISH IT!!! even if you cut some of it out... just make it look like a finished project) the portfolio will tell them what you were gonna do and how etc etc

HSC
Omg, 200 hundred and something pages???
Its already term 1 holidays and I've done about 20ish pages and have only done some basic stuff for my website. I should probably do some more hey?
What I'd be interested to know is how much time those of you who got good marks spent each week on your project. It'll help 'motivate' me, hopefully. :p
Cheers

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
a LOT of my portfolio was research and all my draft designs and i had huge diary entries... I put EVERYTHING in there

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Insane perhaps but it got me a band 6 and put me in the top 0.7% of the state for ITMM so it was totally worth it. The major project makes up 60% of your HSC mark and almost half of that 60% is marked FROM THE PORTFOLIO so its very important. But also remember that its quality not quantity if theres no need for you to include 300+ pages then dont... dont fill ur portfolio with useless stuff. but RESEARCH is the key.. research things and put things in ur own words when u put it in ur portfolio... otherwise ur plagurising.

Last edited:

StrykerV

Usually in the vicinity of my computer :D
HSC
i had about 70 pages in my folio and still got 94% for my major. Its probably about finding a balance between quality and quantity.

I only had a few 3ds max renders and screenshots and the rest was text lol

so dont feel discouraged if u cant reach 350 pages...just try your best!

Mc Fadge

HSC
Thanks, I'm pretty confident with my portfolio, though looking back I'm sure there are things I could've added :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)