Is anyone making anything a bit usual for their major project? (1 Viewer)

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Well i want to hear the most usual wood project you guys are going to make!!

I'm making three things

*A medieval two-part chest

*A medieval-style chest with a built-in esky

* & a full size A-frame Viking tent.

One of my class is going to make a coffin shaped coffee table!

stew_g17

HSC
hey that sounds pretty interesting how r u pogressing with that anyway? do u have any pics n stuff?

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Thanks!!
Well i have almost finished my two-part chest. & this week i'm going to buy at large plastic box to make the esky chest. I have half of the wood needed for the tent, but the tent is going to be the last thing to do.

I've only got photos of me playing with bandsaws & routers. But when i get the basic constrution of the two-part chest i'll post that on!!! Are you doing anything?

stew_g17

HSC
yer that sounds sweet.
wat timber are u making them all out of?
yer im makin a jarrah outdoor setting, table n chairs i jus finished the table in the holidays. im taking sum fotos 2moro ill post them up then.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
That sounds pretty cool! i'm using the cheapest stuff that has a good grain. Cause i don't think medieval people cared if their timber products were made out of rare timber!!

So i'm using good old Blue Mountains Ash ------ its pretty!

stew_g17

HSC
oh ok yer that sounds fair enough. wats it look like anyway????
what is that tent thingy your doin??? sounds very different??? how big is that gunna b????

heres mine after my last set of fotos

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Sweet!!! thats a really fantastic table!!! Plus you're WAY ahead than me & the rest of my class!!!

I got me report today & i was quite pleased that i came second out of the class of 6!!!! me happy!

I've just finished glueing the chest together, just need to make the bottom, the divider & attach the top on. Plus i finally got a plastic box for the esky chest!!

Well the tent is a A-frame Viking tent & i'll show u a photo of one thats on the net... that i'll hope mine will look like! :) It will be around 2.5-8 metres high!

stew_g17

HSC
geez, u must have a pretty small class only 6 of u. we got sumthin like 14 or so trying to fit into one small room isnt good.
wat are some of the other people in your class making that is any good????

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
stew_g17 said:
geez, u must have a pretty small class only 6 of u. we got sumthin like 14 or so trying to fit into one small room isnt good.
wat are some of the other people in your class making that is any good????
Well at the beginning of the year we had around 10 then people left. But Sir likes a small class cause he can help everyone in one period (43 minutes).

All my class are guys & are making:

*a coffin shaped coffee table
*A outdoor table & chairs
*a computer desk
*a weird looking student desk
*& a king sized bed

So far i'm the only one making progess!

stew_g17

HSC
lol that sounds very similar to our class high expectations but not much work being done.

How is your folio progressing thats the thing that can bring a lot of good projects down in marks????????? ino my class has been pritty slack in doing theres but im going alrite nearly up to finishing my second folder.

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
My folio is REALLY bad...i had to hand it in unfinished in term 1 so i lower marks but at least i did handed it in! unlike 3 others in the class...lol.

Still doing the working drawings, i just don't have the time cause i do drama, ancient history, hospitality at TAFE..plus i need to find work placement as well for hospitality....its SO much!!!!!

too_big_to_fit

HSC
Well

Roz, you made a mistake, your not the only one making progress, and you know that. i am to, Steven, Chris, Ryan, dont know about Adrian though.

Oh, have a guess who i am? Im the one who making and outdoor table, the one from the stupid town. The one who is way taller than you. You know, the guy with the shirt, the hair, and that feet.

Last edited:

stew_g17

HSC
sounds like a little class dispute there but i wont get into it.
do you have any pics of your project so far of your outdoor setting????
post them up!!

too_big_to_fit

HSC
Nah, im just kidding around, so was she, so, yeah, i am doin an outdoor table, its not really finished, i only got the ends and legs done, and a little of the table top frame, thats about it, i do have some photos of me constructin/building it. Ill put them on l8tr. But ill show you my plans though, but you have to have vector works. if it works though.

Cheers, Allen

Last edited:

stew_g17

HSC
oh well cant really c it but it sounds like its making a fair bit of progress.
do u think u will b able 2 finish the whole project by the due date????
wat timber r u making it out of????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)