• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do you do B Media? (1 Viewer)

olegna

HSC
Does anyone here do B Media at Macquarie?

I want to do film at uni, and I don't know whether to choose this course, over me two other options:

B Digital Media Degrees- University of New South Wales (COFA)
B Arts in Communication (Media Arts and Production)- University of Technology, Sydney

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
I am doing B Media in Screen Production, which is what you would want to do, I would def pick Macquarie because soon it is moving into the purpose built AFTRS building, so by the time you start productions, you will be in there (don't quote me on that though)

You will find the first year is filled with theory, but if you can stick that out, the second/third yea will be rewarding (or so i have been told)
Besides the degree, macquarie is just a great campus - great surroundings and great people. PM me if you want my MSN/AIM to chat to me about it :p

olegna

HSC
sweet!!! thanks!!

what i'm looking for exactly is a course that provides both film theory and study, and also the technical side (eg. actually going out and shooting shorts etc)..i really want to be a director with the technical skills and also the knowledge of the background of cinema....i know i can get these skills outside of uni...but at university i can also connect with like-minded people who love the same things....

does macquarie offer this?

Last edited:

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
it sure does. it also has the latest technology that is constantly being upgraded to reflect the changes in industry i.e. full uncompressed HD roll out. There are plenty of theory/practical courses to help you learn about cinema too + in total you will make 4 short films in a standard degree - 1 per semester in second/third year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)