Japanese Excursions (1 Viewer)

phil-sensei

HSC
Hey all!
I was just curious as to what interesting excursions you've been on for Japanese.
Where did you go? What did you do? Have you gone on excursions during years 11 and 12, or was it just during the junior years?

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
My Japanese class has been bugging the teacher for almost three years for an excursion but to no avail.

Though recently, he said we might be going to the Nihongo Tanken centre which looks pretty cool, however, it looks too educational to be fun :(

HSC
Uni Grad
From a HSC graduate:

I did all my excursions in the junior years, mainly because I did it at my home school and I did Continuers through Open High (going to the face-to-face lessons & exams were 'excursions' according to my school). In the Junior years, I went to the Nihongo Tanken centre in year 8, the local Japanese restaurant, that Year 10 Japanese day at USYD etc. There wasn't much excursions sadly.

Jasmyneeee

HSC
In year 9 and 10 we went to the Nihongo Tanken centre, and I thought it was great!!
I don't get to go on excursions for Japanese anymore as I am doing my prelim and HSC Japanese continuers through Distance Education (or "correspondence") due to lack of students selecting the subject.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Beginning of year 12 we went to the city to watch a Japanese movie..on kendo(high school students)..forgot what it was called. And then had some bentou's. It was pretty nice.

butterflygrace

HSC
In Year 11, we went to the Japan Foundation in Sydney and tried on yukata!! Then we all went to a karaoke place for lunch. It was really fun!!

DLMisme

HSC
My school would organise a trip to Japan every two years. I don't know if it'll happen again though since my teacher retired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)