Curtin Univeristy, Perth (1 Viewer)

InfinityL

HSC
Re: Curtin Perth

Any tips on getting here at Curtin, coz i'm currently a year 12 studying in a private school at Perth!!! Thanks heaps

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
If you have the choice between Curtin or UWA. Go for UWA. There is a huge different in class environment I feel.

At Curtin you are studying with 2nd rate students, alot more international students and it does not have the same vibe as UWA.

The ARWU Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities Australian Rankings has ranked UWA as the 4th Australian Uni.

Only letdown about UWA, is the students there are alot more 'closed'. They are very picky about the groups they hang around.(It comes alot from the high schools they have come from) Perth is a closed little society, you have to make sure you have networks before you get there or you have to be a person that brings some X factor to the table. (I guess its more so from the country like environment which Perth is)

Curtin you will feel more comfortable if you come from interstate or overseas. The students have no barriers (especially in undergrad).

But if I had the choice in terms of employment, reputation and recognition, I'd pick UWA over Curtin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)