Transferring uni after first year, help?! (1 Viewer)

jess241

HSC
Hey everyone, I'm currently studying Social Work at Newcastle University and almost finished my first year. My bf lives in Brisbane so i'm hoping to move up there and start 2nd year at a Queensland university, I've been travelling up there a lot so it will just be a lot easier and i think my marks would improve.

Does anyone have any experiences with transferring interstate? I really want to make the move but there are so many uni's to choose from. I've emailed QUT, UQ and Griffith and it seems that you need to apply through QTAC first, actually get accepted to a qld uni and THEN you can apply for credit and see how much they'll give you..

I'm just really worried that I'm going to apply to a uni then get told I need to redo all of first year again? :( I've already done a full year briding course in 09, almost the first semester of Psychology last year but quit for personal reasons, and now i've almost got first year Social Work under my belt...i don't mind doing maybe 20 units of first year again but i won't handle doing it all again.

My marks have been pretty good, lowest being a credit and i'm looking at hopefully getting one or 2 hd's this semester, my ATAR for the bridging course was about 82...so hopefully that will all help, and perhaps writing a personal letter.

Atm Griffith is my first choice, it seems to be the most similar to my social work courses here, but again it's kind of hard to compare programs, assessments etc myself :S

All a bit overwhelming, if anyone could help any advice would be greatly appreciated!

jess241

HSC
Woops, just realised there is a transferring thread on here specifically for this...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)