Is a BA at Deakin worth it? (1 Viewer)

Jelrond

HSC
Hello! Okay long story short, I "completed" my first year of my BA (Professional and Creative Writing) at Deakin Burwood in 2011, fresh outta high school. I was mopey and unmotivated and I knew I'd be wasting my time going back so I gap yeared and travelled. This year I went back but really still felt like I was wasting my time with the course so once again I've deferred and am going back to Europe to travel.

I would like to study and am passionate about arts (music poetry literature etc) but really feel like I'm going to be not much better off if I were to finish this course.
Right now I'm stuck between perhaps finishing this degree or instead looking at online short courses and continuing a work-travel-work routine that I've been abusing.

My dream is to be a performing musician and travel writer so I know this comes down more to my own talent than it does my degrees but if I'm going to dedicate more years of my life to study I want it to be something worthwhile to fall back on.

I am hoping to hear back from some past and present students as to whether they have found their degree industrially admirable and in what industries.

Or...am I wasting my time completely with both degrees and should I just continue to be a travelling hobo? All views welcome ^_^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)