Bachelor of Medical Sciene Griffith Univeristy 2015 (MD-Provisional Entry for Leaver) (1 Viewer)

tryingformed

HSC
Hi guys,

I recieved the following results for year 12 in 2014:

1. Biology - VHA 9
2. Chemistry - VHA 9
3. Physics - VHA 7
4. Mathematics B - VHA 8
5. Mathematics C - VHA 6
6. English - VHA 5
7. Economics* - VHA 7

* Economics was completed through the Brisbane School of Distance Education (BSDE)

QCS-A

I got an OP of 1, with 1's for all my field positions. When converted, my ATAR was 99.4 which is apparently .1 less than the cut-off at Nathan Campus.When I contacted Griffith they told me you have to have VHA10's in all your subjects as well as field positions of 1 and also a QCS result of A.

So, I was just wondering whether any med-sci students at Griffith in 2015 could inform me of their ATAR's, their results in there school subjects and all, because I thought my results were pretty good but only transalted to a 99.4 - meaning there are around 450 people above me in their Schooling Results that had a chance at Griffith and consequently must have recieved VHA 10's in all subjects. You get my drift - I just don't think it seems reasonable.

I hope you guys are able to help me out in this regard.

Cheers

cho6092

HSC
Re: Bachelor of Medical Sciene Griffith Univeristy 2015 (MD-Provisional Entry for Lea

Hey :) Brisbane student here as well, might be able to help you out a bit.
That's definitely not true, Griffith was definitely lying. I know a fair bit of people who didn't get as high of the scores as you got and got into Griffith Med. Key was how your school did in QCS and the spread. VHA10s in all subjects are extremely rare, it's essentially a perfect score.

My experiences: I got VHA10s in Phys, Chem, Bio, Maths B and Maths C - Received a 99.75. I was hoping for USyd or UMelb but that required =>99.90 which obviously didn't happen for me even though it was the top 5 that was meant to count. I think your case was extremely similar to mine, it's definitely QCS/spread of cohort achievements in your subjects.

What the person from Griffith said is ridiculous - don't take that too heavily, it's probably someone who wanted to get through the phone calls and try to avoid investigating into this matter further. Griffith as a whole, and its selection policies, are quite fair. IMO, it's the QCAA that should be accountable for this crap and the unfair/elitist/subjective/vague system (i.e. internal assessments + QCS). Hence the proposal to reform the way how students are assessed in the near future.

I'm currently studying Med @ Griffith Gold Coast, happy to answer any other questions about it

tryingformed

HSC
Re: Bachelor of Medical Sciene Griffith Univeristy 2015 (MD-Provisional Entry for Lea

Thank you so much for that cho6092. It has really helped me. If you ever come across more information from your peers regarding their entrance, please let me know. I would be grateful to hear of it.

Last edited:

Venus67

HSC
N/A

Glad to found a med student at GoldCoast . Could you please let me know the Pros and Cons between Nathan and Gold Coast Medicine.
Thanks million.
Hey :) Brisbane student here as well, might be able to help you out a bit.
That's definitely not true, Griffith was definitely lying. I know a fair bit of people who didn't get as high of the scores as you got and got into Griffith Med. Key was how your school did in QCS and the spread. VHA10s in all subjects are extremely rare, it's essentially a perfect score.

My experiences: I got VHA10s in Phys, Chem, Bio, Maths B and Maths C - Received a 99.75. I was hoping for USyd or UMelb but that required =>99.90 which obviously didn't happen for me even though it was the top 5 that was meant to count. I think your case was extremely similar to mine, it's definitely QCS/spread of cohort achievements in your subjects.

What the person from Griffith said is ridiculous - don't take that too heavily, it's probably someone who wanted to get through the phone calls and try to avoid investigating into this matter further. Griffith as a whole, and its selection policies, are quite fair. IMO, it's the QCAA that should be accountable for this crap and the unfair/elitist/subjective/vague system (i.e. internal assessments + QCS). Hence the proposal to reform the way how students are assessed in the near future.

I'm currently studying Med @ Griffith Gold Coast, happy to answer any other questions about it

cho6092

HSC

Nathan doesn't have a medicine program, so the undergrads at Nathan will eventually have to move down to the GC to commence their med degree. If you're not originally from Brisbane, then it might as well be appropriate to choose the GC campus right from the beginning of the undergrad degree, as opposed to making the transition after two years. The facilities at GC are also quite brilliant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)