James Cook University, is the uni as bad as it is portrayed? (1 Viewer)

BrianKJam

HSC
All I read about JCU in the news these days is how funding is being continually cut (even from dentistry courses) and staff fired right through to their law lecturer taking marijuana to unwind due to the work environment. Any search about JCU in the Townsville Bulletin will point to numerous pages containing bad publicity not just from journalists, but the community as well.

While I realize it is not a group of 8 university, it is still an institution for higher minds and thinking. Yet there is more debate over 'feminazi's' (article about Greg Canning in the Herald Sun) right through to Prof Harding the vc giving herself a considerable pay rise while JCU lawyers try to rewrite their rules and policies so they don't have to pay their staff an extra $9500 in severance packages.

Student's have already been greatly affected with lectures and courses cut.

But on the whole, when did the university get such a poor reputation - or rather why does any topic about JCU attract negative attention from the community?

Ethicks

HSC
Unless you go there for Marine Biology I wouldn't touch it.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Probably my worse mathematics teacher that I ever had ( and thats saying something) went to that university.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)