How do I study for the SATs? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey,

SATs is the American standardised testing system. I'm looking to go abroad to study there as an international student, but I have a few questions:

1) Is it similar to the HSC?
2) Will going by how my school teaches the HSC suffice?
3) Or should I study for the SATs by buying difference textbooks on the side of my HSC work?

davidgoes4wce

HSC
N/A
Would it be unusual for an adult sitting a SAT exam at a high school setting? I see that there are registered SAT centres (a mix of universities and high schools). One example of a high school centre in Sydney is The Scots College, a university setting at University of Canberra.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
(1)
I'd argue that SATs were closer to NAPLAN then the HSC.

(2) No, the content doesn't really relate much. You'll need to do extra study on top.

(3)
https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/practice/full-length-practice-tests
Kahn Academy may also have some SATs material for you to use to revise.

Look online or you can purchase textbooks that contain practice SATs tests that I'd recommend that you practice on.

egal

HSC
just do 2 practice tests, but find the common areas that you got things wrong. Its not just split into reading/writing/maths, there are subsections like your use of words in context, command of evidence, algebra, use of commas etc.

afterwards just refine and understand your errors

it will be fine. Also, don't be afraid to resit if you dont get a reasonable score, 5-6 times is an okay amount of times to sit them

olil123

HSC
N/A
IT is the most common entrance test exam where pass mark is quite higher than any other test exam. I my case, I scored 1000 where 800 considers as the average marks. I used to take help for the preparation as it is quite difficult to get a good score from the overall field. So make clear that you need to take a lots more preparation to get a chance over there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)