SCU anyone? (1 Viewer)

gem_max

HSC
Has anyone applied to enrol here next year? I'm just curious. I remember when I had just finished the HSC last year it seemed hardly anyone had applied for SCU...

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
i kinda put it as my last preference... i applied for B Contemporary music /B secondary education.
i got my audition details today, i don't think i'll actually go for it (i'm too lazy :D)
but quite a few people at my school are going there, because we're in lismore and it's easier to transition into uni.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
gem_max said:
Has anyone applied to enrol here next year? I'm just curious. I remember when I had just finished the HSC last year it seemed hardly anyone had applied for SCU...
unfortunately SCU is not all that popular with undergraduates, I mean id it was lismore would not be the hole it is now.
erm, can anyone tell me why the cutoff for law is so high?

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
cherryblossom said:
unfortunately SCU is not all that popular with undergraduates, I mean id it was lismore would not be the hole it is now.
erm, can anyone tell me why the cutoff for law is so high?
lol, true
i didn't even know they had a law course in lismore... it's quite surprising!
it's pretty low compared to unis like sydney and unsw and Uq
ANU has a similar UAI cut off as well, i'd rather go do law at anu than lismore...i've lived here for long enough :D

kylie_robbo

Yeah... I have applied for Primary Education at Lismore... I think it is 4th or 5th in preferences...

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Crikket said:
lol, true
i didn't even know they had a law course in lismore... it's quite surprising!
it's pretty low compared to unis like sydney and unsw and Uq
ANU has a similar UAI cut off as well, i'd rather go do law at anu than lismore...i've lived here for long enough :D
no not really, I mean at uws and une it's like 80. armidale and lismore are similar on the scale of shittiness of place to live so I would have expected the cutoff to be 80ish as well.
facilities are alright, it's a pretty new campus and you have small class sizes.
but ANU all the way...lismore is.. *shuts up before she can offend anybody*

gem_max

HSC
Hmm Im at the coffs campus which is yes a hell of a lot nicer than the dreery lismore one but much much smaller. Anyways best of luck to yas.

geeb

HSC
yeah i applied to lismore but its only a backup...and the rate that im going im probly going to have to go there for a year!!

hey crikket! you better do the audition cause im going to kick ur ass if u dont!!!!!!! lol
you'll never know if u dont even try to get in

MouNtY

i applied for a course SCU too....i think it was for psych at coffs harbour i think, it was like 3rd preference i think

Last edited by a moderator:

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
geeb said:
yeah i applied to lismore but its only a backup...and the rate that im going im probly going to have to go there for a year!!

hey crikket! you better do the audition cause im going to kick ur ass if u dont!!!!!!! lol
you'll never know if u dont even try to get in
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmno
it's too much hassle, apparently, i have to know SCALES AND STUFF!
lol, it was just a last preference anyways...
ok ok! i'll go to the auditions but you better come with me geeb!

geeb

HSC
dont worry bout that of course i will...

i'll hold your hand if u need it, just as long as u go. im not the only one that will kick your ass of u dont audition!!!

Last edited:

alli_aj

Very Sexy Member
HSC
I go to school on the border of NSW/QLD and everyone here has pretty much put their first few UAC choices for SCU, and their first QTAC for Griffith or QUT. I have chosen my 1st four for SCU (Nursing, Human Movement, Sports Tourism Management, Business), and most of my friends have done the same.

gem_max

HSC
I got in with that. Youll find it out before the hsc marks come back I remember that much because unlike all my friends i wasnt freaking out on the night before marks came back because i already had a place. To add to the happy ending i got top marks anyways so hopefully you starry schemers this year will enjoy the same thing. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)