Adfa (1 Viewer)

taz867

just wondering if anyone is going to ADFA..did u just recieve a massive load of paper work? Also for those who are going army do u have to fill out the security pack? have a good one people

Gooba

HSC
Yeah, im going in next year as well, Army GSO. I havent got the paper work yet, I just signed the acceptance letter a couple of days ago.

mishka

HSC
N/A
one of my friends tried out for adfa... i don't know if they got accepted though...

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I'm planning to go to ADFA - navy. I haven't followed it up yet, although I have a year to do it ;)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i think komaticom from this forum wanted to go there...talk to him about it

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
inasero said:
Its my back up choice if I don't get into the course I want to do. If I do go there I hope to do an arts degree. I want to join the Army as an Infantry Officer.

a_person86

HSC
I was considering the Bachelor of Business, but you couldnt major in any specific areas, a reason why i decided not to apply. Another factor influencing my decision was the return of service was 5 years, total 9 years. It would be good if people doing engineering or aviation though, but like i said, the no majors was the most main reason i didnt apply.

Taz

ThankGodItsNotStill2003
Yup i'm headin off to ADFA - Thursday is the day... can't wait!!! I'm goin in army gso 2... all the paperwork is done... just a medical n a bit more paperwork to do at the induction n we're all set.

Gooba

HSC
sparkl3z said:
huh? ok people...fill me in, what the hell is ADFA?
ADFA is the Australian Defence Force Academy. Basically we join up as officer cadets, do a uni degree and military training at the same time, graduate and move into the defence force doing our choosen occupation. oh... we get paid

Leaving tommorrow, woohoo

hiccupz

Im hopefully going 2 ADFA in 2006, BTech(aviation), im going thru all my testing and things now, i have the last assesment day before OSB, still wondering what happens there, other than interviews, like questions asked etc, if anyone wants to help me it'd b really appreciated :D:D

Gooba

HSC
Im at the Academy right now so ill try to answer your questions. The last asses day is basically a interview with a psych, a senior recruiter and a medical. OTher than that you do nothing all day. They may have changed the process though now. Questions asked will be specific to your job and test your understanding of what you are getting yourself into

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Ah, ADFA. I wanted to go there for ages. Applied (for education award/ 2006 entry). JOES day. Passed. Medical. Asthma. No. Appealed. Asthma worse than originally thought. No ADFA for me. Ah well.

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
How bad does your asthma have to be for them to say no?

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
It depends. They don't like you to have had an asthma attack in the last 2 years at least (I havent), or be on regular medication (im not). Thats a definite no. If you tell them you have asthma they'll probably tell you to go get this test thingy done, if you pass it they'll have a look at you, if you dont... I didnt. But yeah, they're pretty harsh on that kind of thing.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
inasero said:
Wow. Named by a moderator. I feel so special.

a_person86, I agree that the ROSO kind of sucks. Nine years in the loop whether you like it or not. Also the degrees there are pretty lite. B Arts, B Science, Business for Army. Technical Aviation for RAAF. It's a waste of UAI points if you went well in the HSC then chose to spend the next 9 years of your life with only one degree under your helmet.

Gooba, I think now the last assessment day (before you're enlisted) is the second fitness test (the first is the practice test at one of ADFA's indoor basketball courts). I didn't make it to that part so I might be wrong.

starbaa, if you're a teen you can appeal for a waver if you fall short of the minimum medical requirements.

ADFA... oh well. If anyone has any recruitment questions (esp ones concerning the OSB situational essay or JOES/Assessment Day interview questions), I'll be around.

Last edited:

Gooba

HSC
Having or have had Asthma is not going to look good to recruiter no matter how long ago or severe it was. People in my year who havent had asthma for years have had sudden bouts of it occouring whilst in training. However if u want to be here you might as well give it a go.

On ROSOS, if you come to ADFA you have two years to decided whether you want to stay in or not. After Grad Parade on your second year your ROSO kicks in. That being said you can leave before your ROSO expires, it just costs a lot of money.

I had a fitness test on my OSB and after being accepted into ADFA I had another one in Nov sometime.

Gooba

HSC
Direct Entry Offocer into the Army spend 18 months at RMC-D. ADFA guys only spend 12months there, we miss Third Class

John0

HSC
Re: anyone going to ADFA

Is anyone applying for the ADFA education award for this year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)