EXCHANGE! 2007 anyone thinking about it? (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
I'm planning to go on exchange next year... 2007 second semester.

Is anyone else planning on going? Where are you planning to go and what made you come to that decision?

I'm thinking of going to Mexico... Why? because the grant is awsome, its cheap to live there, different culture, they teach in english.. however the deciding factor was a friend of mine who went and had an absolute BALL! :D... I'm really excited! :D

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Would have liked to go sometime during uni...If only I knew about the GLP and its goodness in like first year, I could have better planned for it.

Finances were sometimes a problem too.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Nah, no chance. Have to graduate this year, and cannot be bothered trying to find subjects that gain me credit for 300 level accounting subjects (I don't think any would).

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
aww what a waste,

damn oh well you can travel the world once you get moola :d

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Yeah, hopefully work overseas (UK+Europe!) for 3/6 months once I've done my CA.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Approximately 3 years. Will complete the final module (if I don't fail any!) by mid-November, 2009, and then I'll be a CA in January, 2010 (after I complete 3 years of work experience).

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
planning on applying for a short exchange to Denmark in July of next year. exchange was great fun and i think so will Denmark! shame its really hard to get into ... oh well fingers crossed

ps: Anne you will have a BALL!!! :D

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
fornstar said:
planning on applying for a short exchange to Denmark in July of next year. exchange was great fun and i think so will Denmark! shame its really hard to get into ... oh well fingers crossed

ps: Anne you will have a BALL!!! :D
heheh thanx mate! I've got a mate comming with me now too! LOL not that i've met this person yet or anything yet lol.. he's from BOS!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
IMO its probably easier in some ways to go to the northern part of Germany (Hamburg etc) as the climate isn't as extreme as other areas. Plus Hamburg is fairly large so you should be able to find all the amenities you'd want. The only downside is that I imagine the more populous areas like Hamburg would be more expensive to live in, especially considering the way the euro has been going.

So um, Suggestion A: Lock in Hamburg

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lol fornie,

Im not kidding.. i have someone from BOS coming with me :) ... he's from MQ bos lol... take a stab at who it is :p

I'de reveal who it is but he might not want that :p

Anne

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
lol @ Anne! when u said "i have a FRIEND from BoS" i thought u were taking the piss out of me for when i said in the interview thingy "i have a friend doing this atm" ... if that makes sense?!?!

yeah it must be little-rat-boi, because if skittled was going so would MJ! lol

HSC
I can't wait!!!!!!! anne is planning and i'm just tagging along and mexico how cool is that! and i was planning to go on a exchange alone but i think its best if you go with some1 .. so what a fantastic opportunity ... 2 random BOS ppl goin on exchange for 6-7months LOL! ALL THE WAY ANNE!

1harkina

HSC
Yeas totally goin to switzerland feb 2007 for 1 yr got a job and a place to stay..... im gunna be an au pair!

buddys

HSC
not 2007, but im hoping to go to Canada for our first semester 2008

:D

not as adventurous as mexico, but itll be their winter, and i wouldnt mind living in the snow for a few months

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i was thinking canada too.. it's going to be my second preference but pfft if i don't get mexico.. im not going at all :| lol well i will but just not on exchange :)

I'm not going with little rat boi anymore, because im going in january of next year so 5 months away!! :D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)