Bachelor of Education + Exchange? (1 Viewer)

louise08

HSC
Is it possible to do exchange during Bachelor of Education (Primary) at any Sydney uni to study overseas?
I'm thinking not because each country has their own syllabus? But maybe that doesnt matter?

Thanks in advance

louise08

HSC
thank you. i looked into it and i'm pretty sure its fine!! :)
I just didn't think it would be possible, because of the degree, seeing that every country does different work in different areas and what not.

1harkina

HSC
hey
i go to maquarie and i do education aswel and I want to go to france
which uni have you decided to go to overseas

louise08

HSC
1harkina said:
hey
i go to maquarie and i do education aswel and I want to go to france
which uni have you decided to go to overseas
oh wow that would be amazing.
no idea I'm not even at uni yet.. i was just doing some research.
Where would you stay? at the uni dorms? or an apartment or something?

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
louise08 said:
oh wow that would be amazing.
no idea I'm not even at uni yet.. i was just doing some research.
Where would you stay? at the uni dorms? or an apartment or something?
You do realise you have to have very good English skills to be a Primary school teacher, right? Like, no offense, maybe it's just your netspeak, but you really sound like a foreigner, particularly Asian. I could be wrong though, and you could probably work on it anyway. :) Just wondering...

louise08

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
You do realise you have to have very good English skills to be a Primary school teacher, right? Like, no offense, maybe it's just your netspeak, but you really sound like a foreigner, particularly Asian. I could be wrong though, and you could probably work on it anyway. :) Just wondering...
Well I'm awfully sorry that I don't write well enough for your standards, but I don't take my time sending these messages. I don't care if I make some mistakes, its just a chat-board! I'm Australian and know how to write and speak english good enough for a year 11 student who is interested in primary teaching. Now go try and crash someone else's dream goal.

pfft you are a joke.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
louise08 said:
Well I'm awfully sorry that I don't write well enough for your standards, but I don't take my time sending these messages. I don't care if I make some mistakes, its just a chat-board! I'm Australian and know how to write and speak english good enough for a year 11 student who is interested in primary teaching. Now go try and crash someone else's dream goal.

pfft you are a joke.
Lol, don't take it that way, I didn't mean it like that. It's not little mistakes, it's just the way you express yourself. I told you I could be wrong. :)

louise08

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
Lol, don't take it that way, I didn't mean it like that. It's not little mistakes, it's just the way you express yourself. I told you I could be wrong. :)
Okay all is forgiven. It just came across I little unnecessary, when I'm taking about my dream job here.

1harkina

HSC
If you do education here in Australia it is different to Europe. In Europe teachers are not trained at university, instead they learn at a teachers college. This is why it is difficult to do exchange if you are studying education because even thought your university has exchange partners none of the universities I have looked at offer education.

At macquarie we have to do a certain education unit each semester so I am going to do my education unit for the semester while I am away exterally or when I am back home and I am going to enrol in my teaching areas which are French, Spanish and English overseas.

Paris is out of the question due to the expenive rental situation there, Lausanne in switzerland offer on campus rooms only (sharing shower and kitchen, I lived there last year and it was really nice) for around 700 dollars a month which is also similar to Strasbourg. It is going to be really expensive Macquarie offer each student going to Europe $4500 however to survive for one semester it would be around 12-15 thousand including everything (expect tuition which I am paying on HECS)

1harkina

HSC
Exphate said:
Not necessarily true.

No, because you'll be linked with an "approved university" and complete "approved" subjects. That, and a lot of an education degree is about theory than syllabus information anyway, and the theory is pretty generic.
:)
most overseas universities dont offer education based subjects which is the annoying part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)