hmm I don't understand Aussies going to US to study;; (1 Viewer)

J

joshualee

Hello ! to begin with I am Asian who studied at Cornell last year and due to my
financial problem, I am currently studying at ANU. When I look at this forum, it seems that many Aussies have something I would call "vague vision" because as I have attended an "Ivy league" university and australian uni, I can see that at an undergraduate level, there is no point of going to US to study because the quality of students and teaching quality is bascially equal unless you are super smart who can use all facilities.. ( you can't).

PLUS,, expense............hwwwwwwwwwwwww ;; save your money seriously..... do not overlook your valuable experience at AUS UNIS.....

I understand those people who wanna study in US for postgrad or graduate studies.......... but .......... to study ............. at an undergraduate level I think there is no point of studying at there........seriously....

Australian universities are enough......... do not waste a lot of money.............;;
(ESPECIALLY University of Mich and UIUC;;;;;;;;;;;;)

J

joshualee

hmm.......... sorry but at Harvard there is no LLB ^^;;

only JD and LLM;;;;;;

don't you know the fact that many Asians are choosing Australia to study law at an undergraduate level?

X

xeuyrawp

hmm..........
They are joking, obviously.

I think you'd find people took your posts more seriously if they weren't ridiculous. There are dozens of threads and hundreds of posts on this very topic.

Obviously different things suit different people.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
Different people might want different things. People chose to study in the US (from Australia) might be because they want to speak in that American accent? Or they want to see what the real Hollywood is like? It could be small and simple reasons.

For all I know, I know a girl who's here in Japan, on exchange... and guess what's her sole reason for coming? Yea, for going to concerts. Plus, if they have the money to spare, why not? It's always good to have some international experience even if it's another English speaking country. :)

furansugo

HSC
I'd say that it'd be worth it at the top colleges. Princeton, Yale, MIT and Harvard would all have unrivalled academic cultures and excellent faculty - much better than you'd find here in Australia. The financial investement would also pay itself back in years to come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)