SAT vs ACT? Help me decide - I had great info b4 BOS went down :( (1 Viewer)

chris96

HSC
Just wondering the differences, traits I could recognize that would point to which one suits me best, etc?

I asked a similar question and had an awesome response like 6 months ago, but I forgot what was said and google has no cache of the page :'(

Currently y12 in VCE.
Doing Eng, Methods, Further/Spesh (undecided - any tips?), Physics, IT SoftDev, MUEP Computer Systems

IamVooDoo

HSC
Hi. I attended high school in America from years 9 through 11 so perhaps my experience would help you out (I completed both SAT, ACT, and SAT subject tests).
Firstly, most universities favour SAT over ACT, or accept both, but there aren't any (decent) universities which favour ACT. ACT tends to be an easier test, but again, most universities favour SAT. SAT comprises a Reading, writing, and mathematics section. The reading/writing sections require a lot of syntax/grammar knowledge and a LOT of vocabulary. I found the SAT quite challenging, and it wasn't till my third that I got a acceptable score (my final score was 2170 out of a maximum 2400), and the mathematics section is mostly down to reading the questions thoroughly and making sure you don't fall into the traps. The most advanced questions are probably year 10 mathematics, so it's all about taking your time and checking. If you do plan on taking either, I recommend finding some practice tests and seeing how you do.
Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)