Exchange at Sydney Uni? (1 Viewer)

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
I want to go on exchange to study in Italy (doing arts/science and majoring in Italian studies). What year of Uni can I go and how does the selection process work? Thanks.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm in Italy on exchange now. I'm doing a BSc/BA also majoring in Italian Studies. You can go no earlier than your second year but you need 3 semesters of language study, unless you picked it up at advanced level at uni.

There's very little competition to go to Italy, so I think it'll be easy. The only competition is to get into L'Università di Bologna - only one gets in there.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Also from my understanding, a credit average or higher is required to be in consideration.

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm in Italy on exchange now. I'm doing a BSc/BA also majoring in Italian Studies. You can go no earlier than your second year but you need 3 semesters of language study, unless you picked it up at advanced level at uni.

There's very little competition to go to Italy, so I think it'll be easy. The only competition is to get into L'Università di Bologna - only one gets in there.
Is there much competition for Torino? Last year I went to Desio (near Milan) and would like to visit my host family while I'm there.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Is there much competition for Torino? Last year I went to Desio (near Milan) and would like to visit my host family while I'm there.
I found this under the notes for Torino:

Priority for Italian majors. English instruction in UG & PG Economics and Business

Make of that what you will.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Non-troll question.

Can I do an exchange program to USyd?

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
Is advanced level ITLN2631? Because I have to do that because I got a band 6 in continuers and did extension.

erob

HSC
Uni Grad
Just got into b science/ b arts at Sydney.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
No competition for Turin. I don't recommend this uni though. They're extremely disorganised and unhelpful. Put Bologna as your first - everyone does, it's the best in Italy. I stayed with a friend's family in Bergamo (also close to Milan) for a month before going to Turin. It boosted my language skills a lot.

Is advanced level ITLN2631? Because I have to do that because I got a band 6 in continuers and did extension.
Yes, that's advanced. You shouldn't do any less than that with those subjects and marks.

lee_9

HSC
N/A
Sorry to slightly change the topic, but i was wondering if any of you would recommend studying italian at Sydney Uni?? I have just completed my HSC and received a band 6 in Italian Continuers. I'm thinking of doing a diploma of languages majoring in italian studies either at sydney or Macquarie part time (along with a bachelor of commerce at unsw)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)