Thread: Exchange to UK/USA Cost?

HSC

Exchange to UK/USA Cost?

Hey guys, im just wondering whether anyone has any idea how much it would cost to go on exchange for a semester? Just a ballpark figure. 20k?

HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: Exchange to UK/USA Cost?

My friend who's going on exchange to the UK told me that they suggested at least 10k, but he also said that after calculating expenses and stuff, that that's definitely not enough. He then told me about 16/17 should be fine (for what he wants to do)

HSC

They say have about $2,200 per month. You can also usually find expenses on your chosen university's site. I'm going to the University of Glasgow in September and my aim is to have between $17,000-$20,000. But this is inclusive of my travel afterwards and during.

HSC
    N/A

Anybody out there been to University of Chicago? I am in my 3rd semester now and I'm considering going on exchange there. Anybody knows how much it will cost to rent a house outside there? Should I live in a dorm or should I live off campus? Thanks a bunch!

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by so_what View Post
    They say have about $2,200 per month. You can also usually find expenses on your chosen university's site. I'm going to the University of Glasgow in September and my aim is to have between $17,000-$20,000. But this is inclusive of my travel afterwards and during.
    omg.

It's THAT expensive?! /How does someone not come back crippled with an empty bank account/

Thread Information