Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By turntaker

Thread: Studying in England?

HSC

Studying in England?

Is the idea of studying overseas and particularly England achievable? I have researched costs of living in London and looked at the universities but I would like to hear any feedback, ideas or any additional information, it would be great to know so that I can consider this option a bit more seriously

HSC

Re: Studying in England?

Australia has world standard universities, especially uws . You should just go there
    Last edited by turntaker; 9 Sep 2015 at 11:42 PM.
    "I have crippling depression" -Mahatma Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsumi View Post
    lol

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Suede View Post
    it's super expensive
    what about going to Canada for for a semester?
    Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

UTS - B of Business / B of Sci in IT

HSC

England is expensive. I've looked at studying and living in London and its just not affordable for most people, unless you want massive debts at the end of it. Don't even get me started on Oxbridge....
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can never be certain of their validity"
    - William Shakespeare

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Aliy Moon View Post
    Is the idea of studying overseas and particularly England achievable? I have researched costs of living in London and looked at the universities but I would like to hear any feedback, ideas or any additional information, it would be great to know so that I can consider this option a bit more seriously
    Hello Aliy Moon! The idea of studying abroad is achievable nowadays. I know that there are a lot of scholarship programs that has been offered to those who really wanted to study abroad. Try checking resources thru online on how to make it into reality like DiversityAbroad, StudyAbroad, GoAbroad, etc. But if you're into scholarships try the first resource I've mentioned.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by chloe_angelique View Post
    Hello Aliy Moon! The idea of studying abroad is achievable nowadays. I know that there are a lot of scholarship programs that has been offered to those who really wanted to study abroad. Try checking resources thru online on how to make it into reality like DiversityAbroad, StudyAbroad, GoAbroad, etc. But if you're into scholarships try the first resource I've mentioned.
    Thank You for replying I'm currently in Year 12 now and making serious decisions about uni. I am considering going to the AFTRS in Sydney because I really would like to work in the film or television production (I'm not sure entirely in what area) but studying this overseas would be even better

HSC

UK - Semester 1 starts September
    Aus - Semester 1 starts March

If you submit an application, does that mean you have to wait until mid May-August for a confirmation of acceptance or rejection? (Which would be pretty sad if you get rejected). ie. take a gap year and .... just twiddle your thumbs and wait?
    Last edited by A711; 16 Sep 2015 at 7:46 PM.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by A711 View Post
    UK - Semester 1 starts September
    Aus - Semester 1 starts March

If you submit an application, does that mean you have to wait until mid May-August for a confirmation of acceptance or rejection? (Which would be pretty sad if you get rejected). ie. take a gap year and .... just twiddle your thumbs and wait?
    nvm, I asked. Apparently you just apply for an Aus uni as though you're intending on staying, then unenrol when September rolls around

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by Aliy Moon View Post
    Definitely achievable (if you can afford it). I'm studying in England right now.
    Law @ University of Oxford, England
    Corpus Christi College
    2015-2018

HSC 2014
    99.05 ATAR
    English Extension 1, Maths (2U), Chemistry, Latin Continuers, Modern History

Thread Information