Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: UNSW Harvard Scholarship

  1. #1
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    4

    UNSW Harvard Scholarship

    Hey guys, I ran into this scholarship: http://tinyurl.com/q59sj7x

    At first I thought there is no way in hell I will ever get this thing, but after talking with some mates, they encouraged me to just apply and see what happens. Being an Australian born kid, currently going to UNSW, I have no idea about the SATs or ACTs I need to take. This would be awesome. I don't think they get a lot of applicants simply because a lot of people immediately write off their chances.

    A bit about myself: ATAR: 97.40, 2nd year WAM: 86.917 currently doing Mech/Biomed engineering. Done some previous extra currics with Engineers without Borders/Young Scientists of Australia (Outreaches at unis) + some volunteering with MS on the side.

    Do you guys think I stand a chance if anyone has actually done this before? And if so, could you give me advice regarding what I need to do having had no experience with the US college admissions systems to have a crack at this?

    Cheers

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    HSC
    2003
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: UNSW Harvard Scholarship

    I have no experience at this because I don't have the brain cells that you do. But I'm not sure why you're scared of not getting in. If you don't get in, so what? Is there a downside risk to it? Will UNSW kick you out? You got nothing to lose but everything to gains. Go for it!!

  3. #3
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: UNSW Harvard Scholarship

    Quote Originally Posted by rczoombie View Post
    I have no experience at this because I don't have the brain cells that you do. But I'm not sure why you're scared of not getting in. If you don't get in, so what? Is there a downside risk to it? Will UNSW kick you out? You got nothing to lose but everything to gains. Go for it!!

    Yeah pretty much just confused at the moment. Trying to figure out how I actually apply :|

  4. #4
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: UNSW Harvard Scholarship

    Quote Originally Posted by phamtom44 View Post
    Yeah pretty much just confused at the moment. Trying to figure out how I actually apply :|
    The site you linked states the following:
    "As Harvard is not a partner university within the UNSW Exchange Program applicants must contact Harvard College directly regarding admission to the VUS program."

    So you're going to have follow these links: https://college.harvard.edu/admissio...tudent-program
    https://college.harvard.edu/admissio...cation-process

    Since you're only visiting I don't think they're too bothered on extracurriculars with more emphasis on your uni grades.

  5. #5
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: UNSW Harvard Scholarship

    Quote Originally Posted by baktiar77 View Post
    The site you linked states the following:
    "As Harvard is not a partner university within the UNSW Exchange Program applicants must contact Harvard College directly regarding admission to the VUS program."

    So you're going to have follow these links: https://college.harvard.edu/admissio...tudent-program
    https://college.harvard.edu/admissio...cation-process

    Since you're only visiting I don't think they're too bothered on extracurriculars with more emphasis on your uni grades.
    Thanks so much baktiar!!

  6. #6
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: UNSW Harvard Scholarship

    Quote Originally Posted by phamtom44 View Post
    Thanks so much baktiar!!
    No worries. Hope it goes better than me trying to apply directly undergrad to American unis.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: UNSW Harvard Scholarship

    Go for it!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •