Exchange programs @ UNSW USYD? (1 Viewer)

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
hey guys i wanna go to japan for like a year after i finish my degree (or maybe during if possible). just wondering if these uni's offered this? i'm pretty sure uws and uts have something similar to this.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Wild Dan Hibiki said:
hey guys i wanna go to japan for like a year after i finish my degree (or maybe during if possible). just wondering if these uni's offered this? i'm pretty sure uws and uts have something similar to this.
no, at UNSW it cant be added on to you degree but must be taken during your degree. for more info go to

www.international.unsw.edu.au

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
yeah! it was on the unsw site. so if u go for a year then:
1500 x 12 = $18000

geeeeeeeez! i can't afford that. i'll probably hopefully go for 3 months

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
I think that's the max you need to prepare for. For UK and US, you need at least $1000 per month. However, exchange is either half a year or a whole year, so you can't go for just 3 months. The experience would be valuable though, and most ppl go for 1 full year. Because it would take you almost a full half a year to settle down.

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
i was thinking of japan and i know there's a really high cost of living there. hmmm... how much do you think is necessary for japan?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'm planning for being able to or having to spend $20K per year in for going to UNSW, so overseas would be no different. Heh.

But would would happen if you had, say, a scholarship with UNSW? Would it be cancelled if you went on exchange?

And with my degree, photovoltaics, since there's no other uni in Aus that offers it, I doubt there'd be one elsewhere. Would it be impossible to go on exchange then?

grimreaper

HSC
Slide Rule said:
I'm planning for being able to or having to spend $20K per year in for going to UNSW, so overseas would be no different. Heh.

But would would happen if you had, say, a scholarship with UNSW? Would it be cancelled if you went on exchange?

And with my degree, photovoltaics, since there's no other uni in Aus that offers it, I doubt there'd be one elsewhere. Would it be impossible to go on exchange then?
even if a uni doesnt offer the photovoltaics degree, you should be able to do subjects relevant to it if you go on exchange

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Ah right. I see the scholarships I was looking at (Co-op and rural) transfer over to the exchange year, too. Hmm.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
a perth uni (i think murdoch) should offer similar courses such as those found in unsw pv.
if you do be/bsci(pure) you could do some maths in another uni.
you could maybe substitute some elec eng courses from another uni for prof electives - email school of pv if u want to check

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
I heard someone talk of a "working visa" where you go over to another country and work under this program. Everything is looked after/organised for you when you pick a certain area to work inside that country. You get paid in their currency as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)