Going on Exchange to Israel (1 Viewer)

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Would you go on exchange to Israel? I am considering it but I am worried about the security threats in that region (terrorist attack, all those young soldiers, etc)

Waldo

Hiding Somewhere
HSC
^^ yeah...but sometimes those government travel advisories are too cautious...*shrugs*

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Seriously i strongly advise against it. Theres car bombings and shit there almost everyday.
Thanks for the advice. It's too bad because the unis are offering generous scholarships, Israel has some fab beaches and it would be a great chance to learn more about the beginnings of Christian civilisation *sigh*.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Also depends on whether the uni's exchange program with Israel are in operation. USyd has suspended all exchange programs to Israel based on DFAT advice.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
where in Israel? it's a beautiful place though, despite some of the 'car bombings and shit'

X

xeuyrawp

I would go. The risk of getting killed really is small, and I think that small risk is worth the benefits of going.

You're going to die anyway, you mayaswell depart this world in a lovely and exotic place.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Well i'm somewhere in the Middle East at the moment but nowhere near any hotspots so to speak and it's relatively safe around here.
I do however wish you good luck getting into most arabic nations after you have an Israeli visa stamp or anything related to it in your passport though. Which means you either get 2 passports or forget about travelling around the Middle East until you get a new passport.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ive got people I know in Israel.
Don't go.
It's not as bad as in the media, but still I wouldn't want to go.

X

xeuyrawp

1Time4thePpl said:
ive got people I know in Israel.
Don't go.
It's not as bad as in the media, but still I wouldn't want to go.
Everywhere intersting in the world is insane. The middle-eastern and Arab countries (including the Islamic Asian ones) have nasty happenings with foreigners and their religion, China and Japan are as likely to throw you in gaol as you getting blown up in Egypt, and South America have huge rebel/militia/kidnappings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)