why you would want to go on exchange??? (1 Viewer)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
hey i want to go Canada next semester and applications close this Thursday. part of the application involves writing like a page on why you want to go on exchange. i was wondering if anyone had any points i should cover. so far i got jack all and its pathetic.

any help much appreciated

cheers

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
"hot foreign <insert sexual partner preference>'s, in order to spead my seed/egg"?

I want to go on exchange to experience a different culture.. maybe you could slip it into your HR stuff and follow that vein: you feel that experiencing other cultures will give you an insight into how others do... stuff... in their HR? (I have to admit, I dont know much despite Steve majoring in it! :p)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
learn about a different culture, country, different people, expand and open your mind, have fun, experience something different, develop independence

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Definitely to spread my seed from thine loins.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
To experience the difference in lifestyle, to gain some unique job opportunities by getting in touch with different people. Also, if the exchnage involves people from other countries then definetly also include that.

BTW How do u apply for these exchange programs?

Do you have to meet certain qualifications like be in a specific course?

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
thank you to all your help

this is what i got

"I believe that spending a semester on exchange would not only allow me the opportunity to travel overseas (something I have yet to do), but would also allow me to diversify and experience a different culture. It is gaining this cultural awareness that will allow me to expand and open my mind to new and exciting experiences.

I also believe that during my time on exchange I will mature as an individual, as living so far from home for the first time will make me become more independent. This will provide me with skills I will need in later life when I finish my degree and enter the workforce. Further, I believe by spending a semester overseas it will help increase my chances of employment after completing my degree, as it shows I can work independently.

After doing some research I have decided that Canada is where I want to spend my time on exchange. This is after speaking to people who have gone and hearing about how beautiful the country is (even if it gets a little chilly) and how warm and friendly the people are. Also it will be a fantastic opportunity to meet new people who are from all different countries, who all have their own experiences to share.

More specifically I would like to attend Carleton University, as again after doing some research I have found it to offer units that will add value to my Human Resource Management degree. Human Resource Management it involves interacting with others, and not only will going on exchange help increase my ability in this, Carleton University will provide me with a greater understanding on how another country thinks and feels towards human resource management.

Finally, I believe that going on exchange is a once in a lifetime opportunity, something which I believe to be very rewarding to me not only for when I’m overseas, but also for the rest of my life. It will be an experience I will never forget."

yay or nay???

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
fornstar said:

this is what i got

"I believe that spending a semester on exchange would not only allow me the opportunity to travel overseas (something I have yet to do), but would also allow me to diversify and experience a different culture. It is gaining this cultural awareness that will allow me to expand and open my mind to new and exciting experiences.

I also believe that during my time on exchange I will mature as an individual, as living so far from home for the first time will make me become more independent. This will provide me with skills I will need in later life when I finish my degree and enter the workforce. Further, I believe by spending a semester overseas it will help increase my chances of employment after completing my degree, as it shows I can work independently.

After doing some research I have decided that Canada is where I want to spend my time on exchange. This is after speaking to people who have gone and hearing about how beautiful the country is (even if it gets a little chilly) and how warm and friendly the people are. Also it will be a fantastic opportunity to meet new people who are from all different countries, who all have their own experiences to share.

More specifically I would like to attend Carleton University, as again after doing some research I have found it to offer units that will add value to my Human Resource Management degree. Human Resource Management it involves interacting with others, and not only will going on exchange help increase my ability in this, Carleton University will provide me with a greater understanding on how another country thinks and feels towards human resource management.

Finally, I believe that going on exchange is a once in a lifetime opportunity, something which I believe to be very rewarding to me not only for when I’m overseas, but also for the rest of my life. It will be an experience I will never forget."

yay or nay???
Nice. i might cut and paste it onto mine and send it in before you :p heheh. nah, im not going anywhere...i'm Staying riiiight here *parks arse on chair in maq uni library and folds arms in an act of defiance*

On another note. whats human resources exactly? is it a psych thing?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I like Dave, its nice and personal, not just a boring normal cover-letter job.

HR, or what it seems to me, is a bit of a psych thing. Its like organisational psych (or at least I assume it is seeing thats what Steve wants to end up doing and is majoring in psych and HR)... so its all culture in the workplace, and how to screw with the employees heads best to get more production out of them!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
fornstar said:

this is what i got

yay or nay???
love it

asdasda

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
thanks for all approval. just let you all know i applied just now and find out in a couple of weeks if im going to Canada! so excited!!!

anyways that was my lil gay cheer out of the way, back to the topic of what HR is. i think MJ hit the nail on the head. you study (well at MQ you do, thats why this degree is so good) organisational psych so you can figure out how best to motivate employees so that they do what their employers want. but it also involves making employers listen to employees. HR is different to IR in sense that instead of it being employer vs. employees, it sees the two parties having similar goals which both are trying to achieve. so it focuses alot on the interaction btw the two, and HR is about making sure these two parties work together. it also takes care of hiring and firing, OH&S and that sortof stuff.

well i think thats what it means!!! according to my lecturer/tutor, these is no single definition for HR.

but i do know its been around since the 1980s, so its sortof new and its interesting

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
nice letter...heard it's not too hard to get approved for an exchange.
HRM, hum...if they combine with my Accg, then i would probably choose that :p
From wat u said, this sounds like wat v learnt today in econ111 about both party gains :p isn't this so true.
Good luck
ps: I saw someone had a signature on Carleton uni, probably u wil meet a lot MQers there :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
sukiyaki said:
yeh thats JLh, he going on this coming friday
tomorrow? Is he going to say bye before he leaves? Have a good time jlh

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
yeah JLH have a good one, and remember to bring back some good pot!

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
ps: I saw someone had a signature on Carleton uni, probably u wil meet a lot MQers there :p
yeah i saw that as well and im planning on 'borrowing' it if i get accepted

rightie

lost in suburbia hell
HSC
to experience different cultures, meet new people, the usual, and to take some great, different photographs!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)