project questions (1 Viewer)

Cassias

HSC
Can anyone help me choose what question I should do for my major assignment? Ive chosen Cleopatra but I dont have a focus question

mzsugausugq

HSC
i wish i could help but i have the same problem.
Question: what makes a good History Extension Question??\ (for the project)

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
First of all, with Cleopatra, you will need to see the Ancient History syllabus to see what you can't do as you can't do anything that significantly overlaps the examinable syllabus and Cleopatra is an examinable personality.

I would probably not allow the topic due to the above criteria but...

You could assess the way she has been portrayed/viewed throughout history rather than just look at her within her own time. e.g. the way she is portrayed in Shakespeare and later fictional/filmic versions.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
The strength of your question will depend on the strength of its link to historiography - remember guys, this is a 'history extension' course, not simply history! Even if you have to be explicit with it - for e.g. 'How have historiographical approaches changed with reference to...' - or something of the like - then do so.

Otherwise, Goodluck with your HSC studies! :)

and btw - thanks again CEM before for the info on HSC exam marking! (if you remember me? loll)

Koukouei21

HSC
This is propably goin 2 sound stupid but i dont understand what you mean by historiography?
Obviously your major work isnt just a recount of your topic but i assumed that adequately answering the key questions with the appropriate use of evidence and source material would be enough.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Historiography- the study of the historians, basically.

X

xeuyrawp

Koukouei21 said:
This is propably goin 2 sound stupid but i dont understand what you mean by historiography?
Obviously your major work isnt just a recount of your topic but i assumed that adequately answering the key questions with the appropriate use of evidence and source material would be enough.
Historiography is the key term in this subjec. You should be more familiar with it as the course progresses. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)