The Chinese Cultural Revolution - topic clash? (1 Viewer)

Mother Man

HSC
I'm thinking of doing the chinese revolution, but is it allowed since the study of Mao is in the modern history syllabus? because it'll be hard not to refer to mao when talking about the revolution

Syllabus:
1 The Nationalist decade 1927–1937
– political, economic and social issues in the Chinese Republic in 1927
– the Northern Expedition and its impact
– achievements and limitations of the Guomindang (GMD/Kuomintang) Nationalist
Government
2 The rise of Mao Zedong
– Chinese Communist Party (CCP) ideology
– rise and consolidation of Maoism
– the Long March and its political and social consequences
3 Resistance to Japan
– military, social and economic impact of Japanese invasions from 1931
– differing aims and strategies of the GMD and CCP towards the Japanese invasion of
China
– role and impact of the leadership of Mao Zedong (Mao Tse-tung) and Jiang Jieshi
(Chiang Kai-shek)
– political and social significance of the Yan’an (Yenan) period
4 The triumph of the Chinese Communist Party
– the Civil War and military success of the CCP
– reasons for the communist victory

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Consult with your teacher - if they allow you, then it's okay. Remember, the assessment doesn't get sent off to the Board of Studies - so if its alright with your teacher, then you should be okay! :)

Goodluckies with the project!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Mother Man said:
I'm thinking of doing the chinese revolution, but is it allowed since the study of Mao is in the modern history syllabus? because it'll be hard not to refer to mao when talking about the revolution

Syllabus:
It would be difficult but talk to your teacher about your approach - are you going to concentrate on the early period of th revolution - i.e. 1911 - 1926 (no need for much on Mao then).

If you are going to focus on Mao then no but if you are to take a different tack that doesn't overlap with other issues (be careful with the fact that WWII in the Pacific means you have to avoid to much on Japanese expansion as well).

Personally I would steer my kids away from doing that time period of Mao at all and look at post 1949 and pre-revolutionary China.

kateisgreat08

HSC
Mother Man said:

Syllabus:
hey did you end up doing the Cultrual Revolution?? I did but focused on Mao's fourth wife, Madame Mao ... it was really interesting!

every one in my modern class hates China :(

allyio123

HSC
The Cultural Revolution isnt in the modern history topic. It stops at the end of the civil war so even though it covers Mao it dosent cover him in that time period.

Hyuu

HSC
Yeah doing the exact same topic as you....and i've discussed it with my history teacher and he says that i hav a pass....it really depends if ur school is covering that topic or not....for your international studies....like i'm doing Germany so i fine....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)